13

Normani and Sofi bustled around the kitchen in the early morning light creating a breakfast fit for the God's. Normani sliced watermelon into surprisingly symmetrical cubes while Sofi fried bacon in a pan. The speaker perched on the counter blared Ugly Heart by G.R.L and both girls sang along.

"I'm really surprised you have song on your iPod." Normani admitted shaking her hips while concentrating on the knife in her hand.

"We do have MTV. It might not be Texas but it's not a third world country." Sofi replied plating the bacon up.

Ok you're pretty, your face is a work of art

Your smile could probably light up

New York after dark

Ok you're cover boy pretty stamped with a beauty mark,

But it's such a pity, a boy so pretty

With an ugly heart, an ugly heart

An ugly, ugly, heart

Ok you're pretty, your face is a work of art

Your smile could light up New York City after dark,

Ok you're cover boy pretty stamped with a beauty mark,

But it's such a pity, a boy so pretty

With an ugly heart

Both girls sang at the top of their lungs as the song reached its climax. They collapsed then in laughter as the song changed to a recording of Camila singing a song Normani had never heard before about a train wreck.

"What is happening in here?" Camila murmured in the doorway her hand shielding her eyes from the brightness. She was wearing a baggy grey and red striped tank and denim shorts. Her hair was tied in a high pony with a red bandana securing her bangs. The swelling had gone down on her face but it was now a deep black/purple colour on her left cheek.

"Morning to you to sis." Sofi grinned removing plates from the cupboard. Normani dropped her knife and stepped over to her girlfriend wrapping her arms around Camila's waist. "Morning princess."

Camila let her hand fall as she raised an eyebrow at Normani. "Why are you in such a good mood?" Normani kissed Camila's unmarked cheek gladly allowing Camila to place her arms around her shoulders. "Well for starters the clothes I ordered online yesterday actually arrived today so I don't have to constantly borrow yours. Secondly I have had an incredibly fun morning cleaning and cooking with your sister and most importantly my girlfriend is insanely beautiful even when she wears her morning pout."

Camila rolled her eyes and pressed her lips against Normani's softly careful on her healing lip. "You're such an idiot, you know that right?"

Normani grinned and removed herself for Camila. "Whatever you say girl who once asked was tofu a fish."

Camila looked surprised before rounding on her sister "SOFIA! I told you I was just joking. I mean.... Seriously.... how was I meant to know..."

The flaking cobalt pickup truck grumbled up the dirt road with Camila behind the wheel. Normani sat beside her and Sofi in the front. She was wearing her new white tank and navy shorts, grateful she had packed her navy converse.

"This is Zayn's house." Camila said turning left and slowing in front of a large two story house. It was almost identical to Camila's house with cream shutters on each window, a porch swing to the left of the door and an immediate sense of homeliness. A small bungalow was opposite to the house but no other building was in sight.