9

It was unclear how long they sat there, just sat there in each other's embrace, speaking occasionally. Somewhere in between a fresh wave of tears hit Camila, a tsunami of emotions causing her to sob once again. Normani just held her throughout, through each heart-breaking moment. She would place a kiss to her girlfriend's temple while stroking her hair assuring her that it would be okay, that she was here, that she wasn't leaving. 

It felt right, they felt right and it terrified Normani. She was never good with emotions, especially not other people's, but sitting there with Camila in an empty field at four a.m. couldn't have felt more right. 

"I'm sorry." Camila sniffed sitting up and wiping her eyes with her sleeves, "I usually have great control over my emotions. I'm usually the rock of my fucked up family. I'm not sure what really happened tonight." 

"Babe if I'm being honest seeing you vulnerable is reassuring." Normani smiled offering Camila her hand. Camila gladly accepted it entwining their fingers, Normani's previously immaculate manicure chipped and fading. "Especially as the first night I stayed here you woke more from a nightmare. Which, by the way, I'm pretty certain would have resulted in me pissing myself." 

Camila chuckled and shook at her head at a beaming Normani, the latter pleased she could make Camila laugh. 

"You're a goof you know that right?" Camila snorted her voice a little hoarse and raw from the tears. "I'm your goof." Normani winked leaning in to capture Camila's lips. 

Normani had initiated the kiss as a sign as reassurance but within seconds it had deepened. Camila's tongue traced Normani's bottom, the whisper of alcohol still there. Normani pulled Camila onto her lap so they were both sitting up and leaning against the fence. Camila wrapped her legs around Normani's hips while Normani's arms encircled Camila's waist. Camila's arms were draped around Normani's neck, their tongues in a battle for dominance. Both girls giggled and broke apart. 

Normani pushed a strand of hair behind Camila's ear before gazing at her. Unaware she was doing it Camila had captured her bottom lip in between her teeth, her expression a mix of adorable and goddamn sexy. 

"Ms. Cabello I do believe I have never seen anyone look this hot after a mild breakdown." Normani quipped cupping Camila's cheeks in her palms. "Oh Ms. Hamilton how you make me blush!" Camila chuckled her cheeks indeed going red. 

Leaning in Camila placed a light peak on Normani. "I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you're the one who chased after me." she admitted avoiding eye contact, her genuine sincerity overwhelming. 

"Me too." Normani agreed using her thumb to push Camila's chin up. "I'll always chase after you babe. Always."