2

Camila pulled the screen door open holding it for Normani as the creak echoed throughout the empty fields. Normani shuffled toward her a minute later breathing deeply. Camila had to bite her lip to prevent herself laughing.

Walking into the kitchen Camila's father came into view. "Hey Daddy." She chirped planting a kiss on his cheek. "Afternoon baby girl." He replied smiling and continuing to make a sandwich, "Want one?" 

"Nah I'm good. Just gonna grab Normani some clothes. Hers aren't very...." Camila surveyed the girl who now placed her hands on her hips defiantly. "..practical. Hers aren't very practical." Her father grinned to himself knowing Camila's hatred for city kids

"Sure thing kiddo. Barbeque for dinner?" he asked glancing back to his eldest daughter. "Sounds good. I'll make a salad too." Camila suggested beaming and skipping out of the room toward the stairs. 

"Is she always this... peppy?" Normani questioned making a face. Mr. Cabello turned to Normani and shrugged. "It's something in the country air. You'll soon get used it." Normani made a face and shuffled after Camila murmuring "I severely hope not." 

Normani noticed Camila's boots at the bottom of the stairs. She quickly removed her heeled boots and placed them beside. Climbing the stairs she listened out for sounds of her new stylist. 

"First room on the right." Camila announced sensing the reluctant Normani outside the door. Normani stepped into the room and was surprised that it was painted black. 

She had a large window opposite the door with a seat in front of it but the rest of the room was jet black. The left wall had collage of pictures in the shade of a love heart and desk beneath. Over her bed painted in silver was I wanna see you be brave. The quote was surrounded by painted silver stars. 

"This is not what I expected." Normani said staring around the room. It was then she noticed small pinprick holes spaced throughout the ceiling. "What's with the dots? Ventilation?" she remarked still in shock about all the black. Camila didn't answer but walked over and hit a switch by the bed. Even with the sun's bright rays Normani could see each of the holes lit up. 

"Oh like stars." She commented memorised. It was kind of pretty. "Yeah." Camila replied flicking the switch and walking to the wardrobe beside the door. 

Pulling the doors open she sorted through a stack of tops. They all seemed so colourful. Finally Camila grabbed a red and black check shirt and threw it on the bed. She then chucked a black Ramones t-shirt on top completing the pile with black leggings.

"I've some boots downstairs you can borrow." Camila informed Normani walking toward the door. "Mmm... I have my own leggings I can wear." Normani said slightly surprised by Camila's generosity. None of her friends swapped clothes without a contact stating they would replace damaged goods. 

"Did yours cost under twenty dollars?" Camila asked her hand on the door handle. "What? Of course not!" Normani made a face of disgust. "Well then do you really want horse shit on them?" Camila raised an eyebrow and folded her arms. Normani couldn't resist making a mental note on how cute Camila looked right now. "Of course I don't!" Camila opened the door and stepped out saying "Then wear mine." The door swung shut behind her and Normani wondered what exactly had her Grandparents signed her up for. 

Peeling off her leggings and top Normani was relieved not to feel sticky anymore. Sweat was definitely the tears of Satan. Slipping the t-shirt over her head Normani was met with the sweet smell of baby powder and fresh laundry. It made a nice change from animal excrement. 

She shuffled into the bottoms and realised how much she missed wearing things her size. Everyone at home wore things a size too small so your best features were extenuated. She hated it. What happened to being comfortable? The shirt smelt just as nice and was incredibly soft. Wow she really needed new clothes.