10

Zayn strolled down the field, his hands in his pockets, humming quietly to himself. He had given Camila and Normani as much time as possible but Alejandro and Sinu could only be civil for so long. Sofi had gone to bed a half hour ago and Lauren had just now followed suit. 

Reaching the bottom of the field Zayn was both surprised and pleased to Camila sitting on Normani's lap, both talking and laughing between stolen kisses. 

"Well what do we have here? If it isn't Alabama's sweetest lesbian couple!" he grinned reaching the fence and towering over the two girls. Normani jumped which caused Camila to snicker. "Babe I know his face is scary but it's mean to act so frightened." Camila said with fake sincerity grinning up at her bestfriend. 

"Yeah, scarily beautiful." Zayn winked in response. Camila rolled her eyes as she wrapped her arms around Normani's neck, her thumb stroking the base of her neck subconsciously. 

"So darling you're wanted back at the house. Your parents are not only worried about you but they wish to speak to you." Zayn said giving Camila an apologetic look. 

Camila groaned and closed her eyes resting her forehead on Normani's. Why must they insist on ruining her newly found good mood? Could she not just take a night off from the bullshit? 

Normani placed a comforting kiss on her cheek and softly rubbed her back. Camila was tensing up and she didn't her to get upset again. After a minute of silence Camila untangled herself from Normani and, with the aid of Zayn, stood up. 

"I suppose I have to deal with the carnage sometime." She shrugged and reached down to pull Normani up. 

After climbing back over the fence the three began to stroll to the house, Zayn's arm around Camila's shoulders, Camila holding Normani's hand. The three dysfunctional amigos. 

Alejandro paced up and down the porch waiting for Camila. She had run away without a word and then Zayn had returned without her. Camila faced problems head on, she never ran. He was worried. 

"Hi Daddy." Her soft voice startled him. Turning to her Alejandro was glad to see she looked unharmed. Her eyes were still a little puffy but her weak smile assured him she was getting there. What he was surprised to see was her fingers laced through Normani's. 

"Hey there baby girl. Can your old man get a hug?" He asked as she climbed the steps. She nodded releasing Normani's hand and wrapping her arms around her father. He held her tight for longer than usual and the let go. 

"You wanna talk to your mom and me now or after you get some sleep?" he asked concerned about the bags under her eyes. "Let's just get it over with. You guys go on back to the barn and try getting an hour or two of sleep." Camila said glancing back to Zayn and Normani. 

"Actually Lauren thought you should have a bed so she's in my room and you and Normani can take her bed. Zayn you can have the couch in my room. I'm going to stay up now so feel free to do whatever." Alejandro explained opening the screen door. 

"Cool I'm going to heading to the couch. You know where I am if you need me." Zayn yawned reaching out and touching Camila's hand. Camila smiled appreciatively before calling him over and whispering in his ear "No more kissing my girlfriend, you hear?" 

Zayn chuckled before muttering a sleepy Night to Alejandro and Normani. Normani raised an eyebrow at Camila who just winked in response. "I'll be up later babe." She assured directing Normani to the stairs, her hand lightly pushing the small of her back. 

"Try to keep your cool this time okay? For me? I don't think I can do another run down the field tonight." Normani said gripping Camila's hand softly in hers. "I'll try, no promises though." Camila smiled kissing Normani quickly before each went their separate ways, Normani making her way to Lauren's room, Camila walking hesitantly into the kitchen.  Sinu and Alejandro sat side by side at the table. Each sipping their coffees, each trying to ignore the tension which filled the room. Camila sat opposite them suddenly feeling all alone. She missed Normani's presence already.