Chapter 23- Red's Movie Date

Red walks around her room in circles constantly, glancing at the clock several times. Six fifty-four, ugh, I’m getting tired of waiting! She thinks to herself as she waits for Daniel. The yellow dress she had put on an hour before dangles at her knees, and twirls around has she constantly walks around in circles.

          I guess I’ll just practice my powers as I wait, it’s worth a shot. She thinks and turns off the lights, and instantly begins to glow as a pinkish light surrounds every inch of her body. “Well, that doesn’t need much practicing; I’ve been doing that since I was a baby.” She mutters to herself.

          She starts to move her hand in front of her in several mini circles, and fire begins to form from her wrist. She takes awhile to make the fire dance before turning the lights back on and putting out the fire before anyone noticed, or before she actually starts a fire in her room. Now that would be bad.

          “Now what should I try?” Red says to herself. A knocking is then heard from her door.

          Red squeals but quickly shuts herself up. “Coming!” she yells and runs towards the door. She takes a breath, takes a step back, and opens it.

          “Hey Red,” Daniel says reaching out for Reds hand.

          “H-hi Daniel,” Red squeaks and blushes as her hand touches his. “Hi,” she repeats.

          Daniel chuckles and pulls her out of her room. Red studies him. He’s wearing a black t-shirt and navy blue jeans, and a white sweater over his shirt. “You look all dressed up,” Daniel says,

          “Uh…thanks,” Red says forcing her words out. Oh my god I’m going to make such a fool of myself and then he’ll hate me forever. What do I do I’ve never been on a date before? Red thinks.

          “Hey.” Behind Daniel, Red see’s a tall girl with long black hair and brown eyes.

          “Red, this is my 18 year old cousin Talia. She’ll be driving us.” Daniel says.

          Red grabs her hand and shakes it. “Hi, it’s nice to meet you.”

          “Nice to meet you too, Red.” Talia says and nods. “Okay, so where do you two want to have dinner? And keep the budget low, I need to save some money for you movie tickets and some more for shopping.”

          Red shrugs. “Anywhere is fine I guess.”

          “Do you want to go to that new pizza hut place down the street?” Daniel asks.

          Red nods. “Sure, I love pizza.” She says.

          “Same,” Daniel says and grins.

          She then follows Talia and Daniel down to the first floor and into Talia’s car.

          “Nice car.” Red says trying to be polite.

          “Thanks, it’s really old though.” Talia says. “It was my moms and she got it when I was ten.” She finishes and then takes off.

          Red takes a bite into her extra cheesy pizza.

          “You almost done,” Talia asks both Red and Daniel.