Chapter 14- Violet's Dream

Violet gets up from her bed and her eyes are dreary. She lets out a brief yawn, stretches and slides out of bed. Her feet touch something soft and fluffy and she looks down finding herself on a cloud in the sky.

          She screams in terror and pinches herself. Ow. She feels a soft pain.

          Where and I…? She thinks while she looks around the place. She starts to walk around on the clouds…clouds…clouds!  She finally got to her senses and realized that she was walking on clouds. Clouds…? How can I be standing on clouds…I would have fallen through them by now. Wait…this is a dream. I’m sure of it. I dream is all it is.

          She turns around and tilts her head. “And so would have my bed, it would have fallen too.” She mumbles aloud. “I hate dreams at times.”

           She begins to study the area. She can’t see the sun anywhere. The sky is a soft pink and purple and clouds are seen from below her, but none above.

          She sits on her bed, and yelled out into the sky for no reason. “Okay, I know this is a dream about the prophecy! I’m not stupid like you probably think I am! What do you want creepy things that make these dreams possible?” she yells knowing that she isn’t talking to anyone and if someone was near her, they would think that Violet could be some random person.

          All is quiet. Violet hears the wind howl. Strong winds blow in her face, and her very light dirty blond hair starting to move around, and whipping her face.

          Violet uses her hands to brush her hair back but it’s no use.

          The wind begins to get stronger over a short period of time, and laughter is heard from a distance, an evil kind of laughter.

          What is that? She thinks.

          “Your worse nightmare,” A voice booms through the area.

          The strong winds start up again and cause Violet to rise above the ground and begin flying.

          What is this…? Am I…flying? “Whoa…whoa...” She stutters as she starts to move around in the air trying to control herself.

          The wind then suddenly stops and she falls back down.

          Violet screams at the top of her lungs in fear. Her body falls through clouds until she lands on one that seems to last forever.

          The winds begin to start again and she stands up.

          Violet then looks up in front of her and sees a tornado in the distance coming towards her.

          Violet takes a step back and tries to run, but she can’t. The winds are too powerful and begin to pull her into the large and deadly funnel cloud.

           Violet doesn’t stop screaming as she is filled with fear. She spins round and round and begins to feel sick.

          Then, everything stops. Violet feel extremely dizzy and she flops down on a soft puffy cloud.

          “Oh great,” She mutters as she sees thunder clouds coming, in a spinning motion. Great, now a hurricane. She thinks and sighs.

          Violet just sits down as the hurricane goes past her. The hard rain pounds on her causing her to fall to the side and she lies down on the cloud and mopes, waiting for it to past.

          She becomes soaked from the rain. When the eye of hurricane comes up, she tries to escape through it only hoping this terrible dream will end soon.

          She jumps and flies right through the eye and stops once she’s above it.

          “Well at least I can fly, thank god that’s over,” Violet says looking down onto the storm again.

          She hears a loud boom of thunder and looks up. She then starts to cry as she sees a thunder storm above her. She moans as it begins to rain on top of her.

          Her purple pajamas turn a darker purple as it rains even more. She flies through the storm, avoiding the lightning. Then, a shock of lightning booms right in front of her making everything turn a bright white, then it goes black.

          Violet shoots up straight. She she’s back in her room and on her bed. She hears crying in her little sisters’ room.

           “Violet honey, are you okay?” Her father says walking in to Violet’s room. “I heard noise up here, did anything happen?”

          Violet nods, “Yeah…I just had a bad dream. Sorry if I woke you.” She says feeling uneasy, and her head hurts as it throbs.

          “But what happened? You completely wet, and your hair looks like you’ve been through a tornado.” He says sitting next to Violet.

          You have no idea. Violet thinks and looks at her dad. “I have no clue.” Violet then says and shivers.

          He chuckles. “Okay then, if you’re not going to tell me.”

           The prophecy…it had to be a part of the prophecy…like telling me what my element is. Air, it has to be. Why else would weather disasters be happening to me.

          She looks out her window, and its pouring rain outside. “Dad,” She then begins, “Do you believe in…magic?” she asks and sighs.

          Her dad looks at her with a concerned look. “Why are you asking? I thought you said it wasn’t real. In fact, you insisted magic wasn’t real.”

          “No reason. I’ve just been going through things at school. I had a dream about getting wet, and I’m wet now, that’s kind of the reason why I’m asking.” Violet says more to herself as her dad wraps a blanket around her.

          He nods and sighs. “I guess you found out, huh? That you have powers?”

          Violet looks at him, her eyes bulging out. “You knew? How’d you know and even I didn’t!”

          He laughs. “I wasn’t allowed to say. Your brother has powers too, and he knows about them. The school forbids parents telling their children.”

          “Oh,” Violet says and looks away. She then looks at her dad again. “What about Melanie and Natalie?”

          He shrugs. “I don’t think they have any, if they did they’d be in the school.”

          “Oh,” Violet repeats.

          “Now, get some sleep. It’s five fifteen am. You have school later.” He says and kisses Violet on the cheek and leaves the room.

          Violet looks out the window. The rain continues and makes her shiver, reminding her of the dream. Please make it stop. She thinks.

          A minute later, the sky is clear. Violet is shocked at this sudden act. I can…control weather…I knew it, I do have the air element!

          She stares at the sky and then pictures in her head that it was raining, and that the clouds could starts moving around. The clouds then start doing what she wanted, and the rain starts again.

          Oh my god…I think this means I have telekinesis… Violet thinks. She turns around and looks at her book bag that’s on the ground. She points at it and lifts her arm, and the bag follows her orders.

          “Oh my god, this is amazing!” she whispers to herself. “I can control things with my mind, read minds, and I have the element of air!” and with that she flops back onto her bed and falls asleep.