Chapter 20- The Amber Stone

Amber immediately gets up once she hears her phone make noise, indicating she got a text message. She grabs her phone from the desk next to her bed and reads the text.

          You ready? We're doing the plan today. I told Drake that you were coming over to meet him, and he finally agreed to let me invite Red and Blue as well. I'll see you at noon. Bye. ~Violet

          Amber reads the text from Violet. Quickly, she types in her reply.

          Okay, I'll be there at noon. See you then. ~Amber

          She then turns off her phone and gets dressed.

          She puts on an orange shirt with a pumpkin on it and a pair of her white jeans. She then walks over to the mirror in her room.

          She brushes her long amber hair and puts it in two ponytails. She smiles at herself before turning away and heads out the door.

          She walks down the stairs and walks into the kitchen. "Hey mom," she says sitting down.

          "Hey sweetie," Her mother replies as she does something by the sink.

          "Oh, I'm leaving at noon today to Drake's. Is it okay if I borrow your car again?"

          "Sure hun." Her mom says.

           "Thanks," Amber says and her phone vibrates again. She turns it on and unlocks it, finding a text from Violet.

          Alright, see you then. By the way, remember to bring a bag. ~Violet

          "Who are you texting?" Sage suddenly asks leaning into Amber's phone.

          Amber quickly closes her phone, "No one important. Now, stay out of my business."

          Sage backs up and shrugs. "Whatever," he mumbles.

          Amber shakes her head and grabs the box of Apple Jacks cereal and pours herself some.

          "Honey, if you're supposed to be there at noon, you should hurry up. It's eleven thirty." Amber's mom then says putting a towel down.

          "Okay mom," Amber then says and quickly eats.

          When she's done, she gets up from the chair and rushes out the door. She runs towards her moms car, opens the door and slides in.

          Beep, beep

          Amber opens her phone finding another text from Violet as she starts the car. She opens it and reads it.

          Also, don't forget to pick up Red and Blue. Sorry, forgot to tell you. ~Violet

          Amber sighs and drives up to the school, finding Red and Blue waiting at the entrance.

          "Hey guys," Amber says as the two younger girls climb into the car.

          "Hi Amber," Blue says in her cheerful voice.

           "Hey," Red just says looking happy. What's she's so happy about? Amber thinks and shakes her head.

          Amber then starts the car and drives away from the school.

          "When will we be there?" Blue asks beginning to jump up and down in her seat.

          "When we get there," Amber says. "Please, stop. You're distracting me and I need to drive safely to get a car."