Chapter 22- The Fight

Violet stares at her brother, still recovering from the shock and drama that just happened in her own home. What just happened? She thinks. “Drake, did you just—”

          Drake nods and cuts Violet off. “Yes, I just broke up with Amber, and now I am single and free from that drama queen.” He says sitting down on the couch and grabs the remote and turns on the T.V.

          Violet walks up in front of him, grabs the remote straight from his hand and turns off the T.V. She then turns to her brother. “What in the world were you thinking?” She yells at him. “Now because of you, she’s going to be out of focus for our science project, and…” she begins to trail off. Violet then shakes her head, “Something else that you couldn’t possibly understand!”

          “Hey, don’t blame me. She was a terrible girlfriend anyway. I was already losing interest in her.” Drake says. “Now, turn the T.V. back on.”

          Violet looks at the remote. “No. And how can you say she’s a terrible girlfriend, you’ve been with since you were what, thirteen?”

          Drake shakes his head. “Oh my god, you are so unbelievable. Why do you care so much anyway? What is this big secret that you and your new friends are hiding?” Drake asks.

          “I can’t tell you.” Violet says. “It’ll risk out lives if I tell you.”

          “See, this is how I know you girls are just making it up.” Drake says getting up.

          “I’m not lying!” Violet yells. “Plus, if I told you, you’d never believe me; well you might, because it has to do with magic.”

          “Magic, huh? Okay, I’ll believe you. You’re my little sister. You can tell me.” Drake says putting his hands on Violets shoulders.

          “I’ll tell you, on one condition. You get back together with Amber.” Violet says turning around, to be face to face with her brother.

          “I told you no. Amber was never a good person to be around. She’s bossy and annoying, and she’s changed so much. Change is not good.” Drake says.

          “Change is good. You’ve also changed.” Violet says.

          Drake rolls his eyes. “Whatever. I don’t care.”

          Violet hesitates, but then speaks. “Fine, I’ll tell you what the big secret is. But you are never going to believe me.”

          Drake sits on the couch and Violet sits down next to him. “Try me.” He spits.

          Violet sighs and begins, “Well, Blue, Red, Amber and I were all given a prophecy. We each can control an element, mine is air, Amber’s is earth, Blue’s is water, and Red’s is fire. With these powers, the four of us are destined to save not only our lives, but the world from a dark evil magic lying ahead. Other than these elements, we also have little side powers. I can read minds and move things with my mind, and my extreme intelligence. I’m not really sure what the others can do. But I know what I can do.” Violet sighs. “And dad also told me that you have powers so you must believe some of it, right?”

          “You are lying.” Drake says cracking up. “Yes, I believe that you have powers, which is the reason why we are at Mangia High, but being destined to save the world? That’s obviously fake,” Drake finishes.

          “See, I told you that you wouldn’t believe me!” Violet says standing up again.

          “Then prove it to me.” Drake says. “Prove some of your powers.”

          “Fine, I will.” Violet says. “Think something, I’ll read your thoughts.”

          “I already am.” Drake says.

          “Good.” Violet says and begins to focus. She reaches out into Drakes mind and could hear his thoughts perfectly clear.

          God, Violet is so stupid that she thinks she can fool me with this. She’s wasting my time, a prophecy, really?

          Violet opens her eyes and speaks, “You thought that I am so stupid for thinking I can prove it to you and that I’m wasting your time.”

          “Do something else, I believe that you have powers, but try something else.” Drake says.

          “Fine, I’ll control something.” Violet says and turns to the T.V. Again, she focuses. She lets out her hand, and with her mind, she is able to pick up the T.V. and move it over to Drake.

          Drake looks at Violet and sighs. “Okay, I’m going to have to be clearer. Prove to me that you hold an element, okay?”

          “Ugh, fine.” Violet says. “When I snap my fingers, it will rain.”

          “Okay, do it.” Drake says and crosses his arms.

          Violet’s fingers snap and she begins to hear the sound of rain from outside. She snaps her fingers again and the rain stops.

          “Now do you believe that I own an element?” Violet sneers glaring at her brother.

          Drake sighs. “Yes, fine. I believe you, you can control an element and that the prophecy is real.”

           Violet nods and smiles. “According to the prophecy, there are four stones. The Blue stone, Violet stone, Red stone and Amber stone. The four of us need those stones. Apparently when we get all four stones, we have to bring them to a hidden stone pillar on the moon to save the world from the dark magic.” Violet says. “If we don’t get that stone, we might all be dead.”

          Drake nods. “Okay, fine. I’ll let Amber have the stone, but it doesn’t mean we are getting back together. I’m still extremely mad at her, for lying to me.”

          Violet nods, “Fine, whatever. Just give me the stone.”

          Drake nods and walks over to his stone collection. Violet watches him look through it. He turns around with a worried expression on his face.

          “Well, where is the stone?” Violet asks. “What’s wrong? Where’s the stone?” Violet asks beginning to feel scared.

          “The stone…” He starts, “The stone is gone, Violet! It’s gone!”

          Violet stares at him, her mouth hanging open, and she shouts, “What?”