Chapter 4- Amber's story

My name is Amber Lily Peterson. I am sixteen years old, born October ninth and I’m in tenth grade.

           Why the name Amber? Well, let’s see. My mother loves that name and it’s also maybe because I have orange hair, I'm a red head, a ginger, call it that. Some people think it’s a strange name, but it’s not. Some people have the name Amber.

          I’m a smart girl and I always take things seriously. Starting off that I am an A student and I hardly get B’s. I always study hard and try my best in class.

          I have a younger fourteen year old brother named Sage. We don’t get along like all other brother-sister sibling relationships. I take things seriously, and he takes everything as a joke. He thinks that school is for nerds and wimps, but I think school is very important and can help a growing child learn. I don’t remember one time in my life that we got along, but whatever.

          I like school because that’s where all my friends are. And it’s the only place I can hang with Drake, my boyfriend. I go to a ‘special’ school as they call it. The school is called Mageia high located in Jacksonville, Florida, where I live. Mageia is Greek for Magic, and I’ve heard that my school has kids with magic powers and such.

          Anyway, my life is pretty normal. I have a nice family, and awesome friends, and I guess you can call me the popular one in school, so that makes me special. The best part is that everyone looks up to me. Well, most people.

          I can honestly say that I like to be outside. Being coped up in the house, it's not as nice as it is when I'm outside. Except for when it's summer, because it's always raining over the summer.

           I take an interest in forces of the Earth. For example, black and white magic, powers and magic comes to mind. It always interests me, wondering if it is real or not, and how to tell if you have it. My father is a scientist and he studies these kinds of forces. When I was little, he’d tell me every day on about how these magic forces can be real. I’d always take an interest and I want to be kind of like him when I find a career, so for now, I’m more of my father’s assistant.