Chapter 43- Teleporting

Red walks through the front door of the classroom, biting her lip, Blue following behind her. After rubbing her eyes, she grips onto the hem of her dark pink shirt and pulls in down, covering the belt hooked onto her red jeans.

          It’s finally the day they fulfill the prophecy. She barely got enough sleep because of Blue. In the middle of the night, Red woke up from the phone in her room ringing. She picked it up to hear Blue crying and telling her she couldn’t sleep and that the prophecy was scaring her. Red wanted to tell Blue that everything would have been alright so she can get some sleep, but the horror in Blue’s voice told her not to, so Red got out of bed and headed over to Blue’s room.

          Blue was grateful for that, and told Red that she had a dream that she was on the moon, and so was Suzy, and Suzy was killing everyone Blue loved, her friends and her mother. Blue woke up screaming and decided that it was best to call Red to comfort her.

          Red begins to feel a push on her back as the bell rings.

           “Red, go,” Blue whispers pushing her with one hand through the door. Her other hand is gripping onto her blue shirt that’s folded over her dark blue skirt.

           “Oh right…” Red murmurs. Red looks over at Mrs. Bloom who is giving her a funny look and she makes her way over to her desk, ignoring the uncomfortable gaze from her teacher. “Hi Violet,” Red finally says and sits down in her seat.

          Violet looks up from a blank piece of paper, “Oh, um…hi.” She says and smiles a bit. Her eyes are dull from their usual color and she looks nervous and scared. No, cross that. She looks terrified. Red thinks.

          “Are you nervous?” Amber asks looking at Red, pushing a strain of hair behind her ear.

           Red looks at Blue who sits down next to her. “Yeah,” Red replies after a few minutes. “Well, who isn’t? This is life risking.”

          “Right,” Amber says and nods. “I just can’t wait till this is all over, and we can get back to our normal lives.”

          “I don’t think our normal lives will still be here when this is over. This is like, life changing.” Violet pits in leaning in her chair, shaking her head.

          Red nods her head. “Yeah, you’re right about that.” She looks over at Blue who has her head down.

          “Are you okay Blue?” Violet then asks.

          "Huh?” Blue raises her head to look at Violet. Red can see the concern look in Violet’s eyes, there is still fear in them, but not as much. “Um, yeah, I’m fine. Just thinking about tonight,” Blue responds quietly.

          “Oh, um, okay.” Violet says and doesn’t bother to say anything else.

           “Oh, by the way, Katelyn told me to tell you guys that we are all meeting up at lunch to talk about this, okay?” Amber says brushing down her tucked in orange shirt.

          Red nods. “Okay,” she says. Red then quickly glances at their teacher who gets up from her desk and walks in front of the white board.

          “Okay class,” she says glancing over at Red. “Let’s begin our lesson, and no talking.” She says emphasizing the last part glaring at Red’s group. Red doesn’t say anything, and Mrs. Bloom turns away and starts writing onto the board.

          The bell rings for lunch. Red closes her book and puts it away and gets up from her seat.

          “Come on, I don’t think we should keep Katelyn waiting,” Amber says rising from her seat.