Chapter 5: Practice makes Perfect they say!

~Harry~

We met at the river bank for practice. Everyone was here: Liam, Me, Skylar, Joe, Tom E, Ryan, Darragh, Tom F, Bryn, James, Sam and Mark too. We got down to practice. We split into two teams; blue and white. Liams team was:

Liam, Skylar, Joe, Tom E, Bryn and Mark as he joined in too to make the teams even.

My team:

Me, Ryan, Darragh, Tom F, James and Sam.

The game began with our kickoff.

James passed to Tom F, and we charged forward. Liam and Skylar braced themselves, before speeding towards us in an attempt to win the ball. Tom F yelled " Fox Den!". A small hole appeared under Tom, and he fell into it. Liam and Skylar; in total surprise, ran past before they stopped. Tom then leapt back out of the den. He passed to Sam. Sam ran on, before being challenged by Joe. " Abyss of Doom!" Joe yelled, and pointed at the ground beneath Sam's feet. An abyss opened up, an swallowed Sam, spewing the ball out into the air. Joe hopped up and took the ball forward. "Nice play guys!" Liam called out. "Keep this up until the Royal game, and we'll be fine!" Joe knocked the ball up to Bryn. He turned, with the ball, and ran towards our goal. "Great counter-attack team!" Liam shouted. Bryn then surprised us all with a hissatsu move called 'Tumbleweed'. Sand covered the ground, and the pitch took on the form of a desert. A tumbleweed tumbled past Darragh. Darragh ran at Bryn who still had the ball at his feet. When Darragh reached the ball, it collapsed to sand. Bryn ran past after the tumbleweed which turned back into the ball. The desert faded away, the pitch returning. Bryn put a through ball to Liam, who was now just outside our box. Crap, when did he get there? I grinned at Liam, and said "Bring it!". Liam grinned at me, before calling out " The Sun!". He kicked the ball HIGH into the air, making it a miniscule dot against the blue background. Then everything went pitch black, and before panic took over me, I looked at Liam, who just gave me one of his wolfish grins. Then everything was black. Suddenly light flooded back to everything. I looked up, and saw what appeared to be a sun gliding down to the pitch, before stopping still some way up in the air. Liam and Skylar leapt, or appeared to fly, up to this 'Sun'. Liam went underneath the ball, upside down. Skylar went above. They both kicked the ball; in perfect sync with each other. The ball/sun flew towards me, growing brighter by the second.

I had just enogh time to use a special hissatsu technique. "Hydro X!" I yelled. I brought my arms across my chest creating an X-like pattern, before swinging my arms down in a rapid movement, thus creating a now sapphire blue X made of water and energy. I then threw forward the X into the ball. The two collided. A torrent of water broke free of its case, before being blown back at Harry from the shot. The ball flew into the net, and the fiery light died down. Everything went black again, before real sunlight came back again.

The whistle went, signalling the end of the first half in our practise game.