Chapter 3: The Trial of Mark Evans!

~Harry~

Liam took his place on the pitch; as did Mark. Mark rolled Liam the ball, and Liam stopped it with his foot. "Here we go!" Liam shouted. He jumped a little bit into the air, before going even higher in a zigzag pattern. "Zigzag Burn!" Liam cried. He smashed his right foot into the ball, sending it towards the goal. It hadn't gone far when the ball, trailing a ribbon of flame; started going in a zigzag pattern too.

Mark looked undeterred by this shot. "God Hand!" Mark called out. A huge right hand appeared, and then Mark thrust it forward towards the shot. Shot and save collided, and Zigzag Burn was victorious.

Mark rose to his knees, righting himself. He ground his teeth in frustration. "Next one won't be so easy!" Mark called out to Liam. "I hope so." Liam replied. So far; it's 1-0 to Liam I thought to myself.

Liam prepared his next shot. He jumped and became a tornado of fire in the air. From where he stood, a hill or something had risen. Liam, in mid-spin turned and, using his left foot for momentum, drilled the ball into the hill! There was a sudden grumbling and shaking from the hill, which I realised was a volcano! Liam then fell, and landed on the brim of the volcano. He then jumped up again, becoming once more a tornado of flames. A burst of fire from the volcano, which was the ball, shot up, and a lot more volcanoes had also appeared, firing shots of flames into the ball. Liam's right foot was on fire, and he smashed that into the ball. "Legendary Eruption!" He cried out. The ball shot towards the goal quicker than lightning.

Mark looked trouble by this new shot. "Ijigen The Hand!" He shouted. He jumped into the air, gathering power in his right hand. He turned and headed towards the ground, hand first. It collided with the ground, causing a transparent orange semi- sphere to appear around him. The shot crashed into the force-field, before being broken to bits. Mark was blasted away by the force. The soccer ball thudded into the net, giving us our first goal. "Yes! We scored !" Liam whooped. The ball was rolled back to Liam, who put it to rest with his foot on top. "2-0." Liam said.

Liam was gathering momentum for his next shot. Suddenly, he jumped; and curled up into a ball. The sky darkened a little, turning ash- grey. Liam opened up again, quickly. The ball had floated up just before Liam's feet. A huge burning devil spirit appeared behind Liam. Liam jumped up onto its foot, before being flung high in the air; spinning in a torrent of fire. The devilish- spirit flew up, copying Liam. So thats why he flung Liam up, as Liam flung the ball up as well! It also explained why it had also curled and uncurled itself at the beginning I thought! Now Liam span round, his foot level with the ball, the demon above. Liams leg swung over his head and towards the ball upside down, the devil doing the same but the right way up with his leg underneath him. This is kind of like Axel Blaze's Fireball Storm and Fire Rooster combined together, to make an even powerfuller move. It rocketed towards the goal, and the vast demon trailed behind. Then the demon gave the ball another huge smack, enveloping it in another sheet of flames. As Liam was just about he land, he called out "Fire Storm!"

Mark tried to keep his cool about him. He used his move "Hammer Of Wrath." He leapt into the air, putting both hands together above his head gathering power. He then came towards the ground, slamming his fists onto the ball. A loud BANG erupted, before Mark was pushed back and Fire Storm flew past him, crackling in the net. 3-0 to Liam.

This time, Liam looked troubled. He just stood there, before running over to me. He told me his idea, and, puzzled by it; I stepped onto the pitch with him. I used one of my keeper moves, although transforming some parts to fit into this move. The sea rolled in behind me. It was working. Liam took the first part of his move Legendary Eruption, which was when he jumped up into the air and became a hurricane of crackling embers and flames. He stopped suddenly, and booted the flaming ball into my sea. Almost instantly, steam and heat emitted from the now churning sea. Suddenly flaming arrows shot out of the water, being followed by glowing swirls of aqua. "Flaming Aqua!" Me and Liam cried, as one.

Mark yelled "True Ijigen The Hand!" Then he did Ijigen The Hand but this one, as it was True, was so much stronger. The shot collided once more, clashing with this mighty warrior. A loud thud resonated out again, before a deafening crack and the ball rocketed in the net. 4-0! "We did it!!" Me and Liam shouted. "Well done you two! You are worthy for me. Call me coach from now on." Mark said. We'd done it; beaten Mark Evans in a little trial!!!