Chapter 16-Flowers and balloons usually accompany surgery...

Chapter 16:

"Oh God." I said a bit frightened as I laid back on the surgery bed. My mind was running wild. There was no chance for me to die it's just I was a bit uneasy about the whole knee opening thing; and it was just my mom, Ashton and Candace. Charlie wasn't here which kind of let me down a bit, but after this I was pretty sure that if my knee wasn't better I would ask Ashton to turn me into a werewolf so that I can ride again. If I can never ride I would have to sell Shadow because he wouldn't get physical activity because I can't walk around, and I couldn't bare to let another person take him away from me. I'm sure Ashton wouldn't mind. He still talks about how the transformation will go well and all the positive affects. So I guess he wants me to be one.

"Everything will be fine honey. We'll be here when you wake up." My mom promised kissing my head. She smiled one last time before leaving with Candace who had already promised to bring me a basket of fruit after.

"You'll be fine, Vana." Ashton said hugging me and kissing my head as well.

"What if something goes wrong? An earthquake happens and they cut me in half?" I said nervously.

"They're not going to cut you in half okay? No earthquake is happening." I nodded starting to feel a bit tired and woozy. I rubbed my eyes tiredly and he gave me one last kiss before I fell back and went to sleep.

------------------

I woke up in a hospital room with the tv on. Flowers and balloons and goodie baskets were stashed around the room. My room was empty as in no other person was in here. It was sunny out, the sun shined through the open slits of the blinds warming parts of the bed. I pulled off the covers and my knee was wrapped up in large bandages. Yellowish-purple bruises poked out through the bandages and my knee was very swollen. I was in no pain though; I tapped it and it stung but no pain. I was probably on high doses of meds.

I looked at my phone next to me. It was May eighteenth...I went for my surgery for May thirteenth. Jeeze how did I sleep that long? I wasn't even tired right now. I was bored.

"Oh good you're awake." Ashton breathed coming in. He sat down and his face was mixed with worry and somewhat confusion...or it could be serious...

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Was your mom dating anyone? Making new friends that she was hanging out with?" He asked.

"Yes, she got a new boyfriend; they were only dating for a couple of weeks." I said my stomach lurching.

"Do you know his name?"

"Jack. He's a lawyer."

"Dammit." He cursed sitting back in his chair. His eyes stared at the wall and he rubbed his hand through the back of his hair. This was his thinking mode.

"Ashton what's going on?"

"Well...there seems to be some war going on. Kingdoms are attacking each other in the realms of vampires and werewolves and...Your mom..."

"Is she hurt? Dead?" I asked frightened.

"Well no...not exactly dead...she's a vampire..."

"Oh God." I said falling back and knocking back out.

------------------

"Nirvana?" Ashton asked as I slowly blinked open my eyes yet again.

"Were you being serious?" I gasped as memories flooded back.

"Yes. It's not necessarily a bad thing, Nirvana. She seems happy. She isn't killing anyone. She really likes that Jack guy...well it is mostly because he changed her. But still...she's happy." He shrugged.

"Charlie?"

"I think he went to the vampire realm with that girl he's with. Which brings on another bit of news."

"What?"

"I'm leaving." He said. My heart dropped.

"Leaving!?" I exclaimed. Oh shit there are people in the hallway...they'll think I'm crazy. Suddenly the door shut loudly. Like someone slammed it. We both looked in suprise but no one was there. Ashton walked over and opened it.

"That was...odd. Are the windows open?"

"No." I answered I have allergies I can't have some weeds blowing in here.

"I'm not leaving for a long time. Two months tops."

"Two months?"

"It may be longer. Depending how bad the battle is. My whole family is going. My parents already left for the kingdom along with my brothers' families but my little sisters are staying behind."

"By themselves? You can't keep them by themselves."

"We have no family up here. It's too dangerous in the realms for them to be there."

"Well they can stay with me. I mean it will just be Shadow and I...Charlie is gone and my mom will probably go with Jack."

"Nirvana you don't have too." Ashton said.

"No I want to. I never had sisters before. And besides what if I get hurt? I need some supervision."

"Okay. Thank you." He said kissing the tip of my nose.

"When are you leaving?" I said fiddling with the blanket.

"Tomorrow."

"Two months?"

"Hopefully. In two months if I have to stay longer I will find a way to come visit for a night. I promise."

"Ah Ms. Watson...I have some...unhappy news. As I predicted the surgery did no help there was too much damage. We did eliminate the pain but you still can't do much with that knee. Rehab will not help. I'm very sorry." He said before walking out. My body chilled. I would have to sell Shadow...never walk by myself. Never ride again.

But something clicked.

"Ashton I have something to ask you. But you must do it before you go."

"What?"

"Promise you will do it and do it before you go?"

"I promise." He swore.

"I want you to turn me into a werewolf."