Chapter 8-She is not a Team Player.

   As I brushed Shadow on Monday at school I looked at the stands as Ashton and his friends sat down. He saw me and flashed me a flawless white smile giving me a wave. I smiled and waved back as I brushed Shadow.

Little tight veins popped up under his coat and his muscles were flexed.

"Is something wrong, boy?" I asked nervously. Was he hurt? Sick?

He did a light shooken huff.

"Watson. Your up." Coach called. I pulled the reigns on Shadow and pulled him to the starting line. I had on my riding boots, pants and jacket. I had on my helmet and I buckled it once I was on Shadow. I looked at the other girl and she was glaring at me.

"Nice horse...Does he get spooked alot?" She asked.

"No...why would you ask th-WOAH!" I yelled, Shadow made a loud sound and bucked upwards. I went to catch myself and my knee buckled against the ground and a little crack made and my back slammed against it. People yelled things as my vision blurred. I saw Shadow running and people attempting to catch him. I grasped my knee in pain and fear struck through me.

"Are you alright, Nirvana?" Coach asked.

"Uh...yea." I said gritting my teeth. I was in a lot of pain.

"Just...fell weird." I grunted in pain. She helped me up and I felt pain struck in my shoulder blades. I limped to the stables where Shadow was tied on. I sat on the bench in the back as Macy took my place in the race. Good thing it was only exhibition.

"Are you okay?" Ashton asked sitting next to me. A look of concern was in his eyes.

"I'm fine." I said shrugging off my riding jacket.

"Your back is swollen." He mumured.

"Well I guess falling off a horse may do that." I laughed lightly trying to lighten the mood. It didn't work his eyes were angry as he examined my shoulder.

"You should go home."

"Uh...I hurt my knee a bit so walking may not be the best thing..." I said scratching the back of my neck nervously.

"I will get Max to bring Shadow over. Let's go."

"Wait who's Max?" I asked. I wanted to make sure Shadow was in good hands.

"He's a really close friend. Come on. I can carry you..." He offered standing in front of me.I smiled and stood up getting onto his back for a piggy back ride.

"Don't drop me." I warned wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I won't, you barely weigh that much." He chuckled teasingly.

"Where is your car?" I asked looking in the parking lot.

"I didn't bring it."

"You're going to carry me all the way to my house!? It's a ten minute walk!" I exclaimed.

"I'm stronger than you think."

"Okay..." I said.

"That girl was not very...sportsman-like." I said.

"I saw what she did. Is Shadow scared of snakes?"

"Teriffied! She showed him a rubber snake didn't she?" I asked.

"Oh yea. She got kicked out and then you fell off and then there was a bunch of running and madness."

"Too much for you?" I asked.

"Not really. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm stronger than you think." I whispered laughing.