Chapter 18-The Change...

Chapter 18-

Ashton's POV:

Two days since I left Nirvana and I already feel like shit. I already miss her and it has only been two days. Luckily I have a picture of her on my phone to remind me. I hope she is okay tonight, she's strong she should pull through.

"Ashton, Dad wants you to look over some look-out coordinates. Your team is on watch tonight." Marc said.

"Comin'." I said getting up off the couch. I walked down the palace hallways. This place would soon be mine. I had to take it since Marc and Derek passed it up. I can't believe they did that. I always took Marc as the type who'd want all the royalty and power. I mean being Alpha of the pack will be a lot too, and now leader of all this? I'd be lucky if I don't go mad with power.

"Father?" I asked as he looked over the map on his table.

"Ashton, I would like you to set up east. It seems the vampires don't like a straight attack. I will let another group take the west and I already have guards watching the front and all around the palace."

"Sounds good." I said with no emotion.

"Is something troubling you son?" He asked putting his hands behind his back.

Why yes, I turned my girlfriend into a werewolf, drank her blood which was suprisingly delicious and now I am going mad without seeing her and I am having doubts about my future.

I would have said that but he would have thought I was crazy.

"You are not crazy son."

"What?" I asked confused.

"Ashton every once in a while a werewolf will have certain gifts. It doesn't matter if you are pure blood or turned. But these werewolves will become elders and the ones with gifts will become one with the lord, and become immortal."

"So you're going to be immortal?"

"Your mother and I, but we want you to take over the pack and the werewolf world."

"Why though? Why not Marc or Derek?"

"Marc and Derek are not suited for power. They don't have the strength you have Ashton. Neither do their mates; I love Karyn and Emily but they are not strong. They're too timid."

No offense Nirvana.

"Dad Nirvana is the clumsy type..."

"Clumsy? Yes, but Ashton I see in Nirvana's eyes all the power she can have. I have faith in her. She may object to the idea of queen or even Alpha female but she is caring, gentle and delicate like a woman should be but she has aggression, authority and power that queens have."

"So wait...you can read minds?"

"Your mother and I both can. I have to observe your...uses of females."

"Oh...about that..." I said kind of laughing rubbing the back of my neck. Shit he knows all about that.

"Son, Marc and Derek were the same way. I was too. All alpha males are the same."

"Well thanks for the speech I'm going to grab something to eat before I go."

"She will be fine, Ashton. And you will see her. I shall let you go after two months. If things calm down quicker then you can go sooner."

"Thanks dad." I said actually meaning it.

Nirvana's POV:

"Dammit..." I cursed holding against a tree. I let Stella and Mary-anne go to the bonfire on every full moon. I had too, they're werewolves and it's a full moon. They were itching to change.

My heart was thumping through my chest, I was sweaty and sore like I did an extreme workout without stretching and couldn't move a muscle in my body. I was breathing heavy, it felt as if someone was stepping on my lungs. Short little breaths when they lifted there foot.

Finally I saw the moon finally emerge and I fell to the ground on all fours. I gripped the grass and let out painful cries as my bones cracked. I wanted to stop it but I couldn't. I wanted to go back and tell Ashton that I did not want to be a werewolf.

I hit the ground with my fist as my neck craned up and the bones cracked. I heard the sounds and I felt them. I screamed in pain as they shifted into a dog type form. My heart pumped faster and I screamed again gripping the grass and ripping it from the roots. I cried in pain as my head shaped into dog form and then that was it.

I opened my eyes and looked aorund. My vision was sharp, clear and perfect. I could smell the alcohol from the bonfire. I could hear every conversation from the other creatures. I could sense where Stella and Mary-Anne were. I was on two feet...well I am a werewolf not a wolf. My fur was black as night. I was fascinated by it.

I was sore from my bones but I wanted to run. I ran for hours...for hours and hours I couldn't stop I ran far across a boarder and into Canada and then back again to my house. It was amazing. The shift back was easy. I ran inside when it was night time to fall fast asleep.

-----------

I woke up the next morning a different person. My vision stayed sharp and clear that I didn't need my glasses. My knee was great. I was bouncing around happily in my room until I stopped infront of my mirror. My eyes had a green light clear colour and a crystal bright blue fanning out. My skin was still soft and no blemish insight but the freckles were gone. Except a mole that stayed right beside my left eye. My lips looked more full and amazingly kissable. My nose was a bit more pointed, my hair was a deep rich full curly red. I looked amazing. I kissed my hand and blew a kiss to myself in the mirror and laughed in the process.

Even my laugh was better! It was sweet and smooth and playful.

I was so happy I danced downstairs to make pancakes. Nothing could ruin my day...except remembering Ashton. My insides growled in pleasure of his name and my belly glowed and went tingly. What was happening? All because of remembering Ashton? My panties became a bit wet...oh God...Ashton was making me...lustful. A light little gasp escaped my lips. He said werewolves were lustful and females were worse for controlling it. Angrily I crunched down on the spoon breaking it in half.

How dare he leave like this!

I would give him a big lecture about this and now I can't.

"My, my you're one gorgeous she-wolf." Stella smiled standing on the stairs with Mary-Anne. I smiled still angry about Ashton.

"I heard that werewolves who are turned become really, really beautiful and my dear you are living proof." She smiled touching my hair.

"Thanks."

"Ashton will go insane." Mary-Anne laughed.

Ashton...