Chapter 11-Parents?

Chapter 11-Parents?

"Ready?" Ashton asked standing in front of the door that lead to the main floor of this huge mansion. I nodded kind of nervously. I never met a boys parents...well I never had a boyfriend before. He opened the door helping me out of the basement and shutting it lightly.

"Ashton is that you?" A woman called. I am guessing that was his mother.

"Yes, coming." He called walking in front of me gesturing for me to follow.

"Mom, dad...I wanted you to meet someone." He said stepping into the kitchen. I walked in and my mouth almost dropped to the floor but I kept it shut and smiled. His parents were beautiful. He looked nothing like his mom. She was tall, blonde, skinny...in fact she looked like a model. He looked a lot like his father. Dark brown hair, dark almost black eyes, perfect jaw and cheek structure. Except his dad was just an older version with five o'clock shadow, natural grey hair that was blended into his dark hair to make it look like he was aging.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Well hello my dear. You are just so gorgeous." She gasped walking over to shake my hand.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Come have a sit with us." His dad smiled. Ashton opened a chair for me and I sat down.

"So my name is Maria and this is Tom. It is so nice to meet you." His mom smiled.

"As to you. My name is Nirvana but people just call me Vana." I smiled back.

"So, how are you liking the town?" His father asked.

"It's nice. Better than where I used to live."

"I believe Ashton said you are from canada?"

"Yes. I was born and grew up in Vancouver." They went on asking me simple questions, what I was taking in school, if I was doing any post-secondary education, basic questions any parents would ask their son or daughters' boyfriend or girlfriend.

"So I saw your mom is the new sheriff. Is she liking it?" His dad asked.

"As far as I know. She's barely home so I never really see her. But when I do see her she tells me how good work was."

"That's good. Ashton told us you are into horse back riding?" His mom asked. Wow Ashton talks about me a lot. He didn't say anything just sat drinking iced water.

"Yes. I began horse back riding when I was six and got competitve a couple of years later. I was on the school team but the girl I was facing spooked my horse and he bucked me off and I tore everything in my knee."

"Oh my goodness. Are you getting surgery?"

"Yes. But...it probably won't do anything. It may ease the pain and give me a bit more strength but...unless a miracle happens and I can go back. But as it stands I am done walking or doing anything by myself without my handy helpers." I said nodding towards my crutches.

After breakfast Ashton and I went outside in the back.

"You don't have to be nervous around us they know that you know what really is going on in this town."

"Sorry it's not everyday I have breakfest with wolves."

"Correction. Werewolves." He smiled.

"So where are your sisters?"

"Gone out with friends. It's usually pretty dead here on weekends. I'm usually never here."

"Out partying with your little play toys?" I teased.