Chapter 13- Who's your play toy?

Chapter 13-Who's your play toy?

"Honey don't be nervous. Everything will be okay." My mom assured me as I sat on our living room couch.

"There is nothing to be worried or nervous about! The doctor said it was a one and a million chance that the surgery will pull through and actually work. Even if I do actually do it, it will subside the pain but I will have a limp and need help going up and down stairs. I can kiss my riding days goodbye." I grumbled crossing my arms like a four year old.

"I know honey, listen I am going out tonight with a friend. I will be back late. Is there anything you need?"

"No. Who's your friend?"

"His name is Jack."

"Jack? Is this a boyfriend, mother?" I teased.

"I hope so. He's a lawyer, he came in last week and we hit it off so well... and he is so good looking." My mom said in a daze.

"Don't stay out too late and use protection." I warned teasing again.

"I should say the same to you. If Ashton comes over make sure he has protection...on secod thought don't even think about doing anything like that young lady."

"Charlie most likely does it."

"Oh Charlie. What has gotten into him lately. He is acting so strange. He's changed completely and that girl...he would have never went for a girl like that." She sighed very stressed

"Mom don't worry about it. Go have fun." I said turning on the TV. I sighed and slouched back watching American Pie when I soon dozed off.

"Oh silly Nirvana. Ashton never loved you. He does this to every new girl. Leads her on and then crushes her by coming back to me." Macy sneered in my face. Her brown hair was straight and over her shoulders.

"He w-wouldn't do that..." I stuttered suddenly unsure.

"Oh Nirvana you don't understand, Ashton is an Alpha male, which means he needs a strong woman. Someone who has no fear to stand in front of crowds for pack meetings. He needs someone strong to carry his children and considering that weak knee...that won't help. He also needs someone to keep up with the...uhm...sexual life." When she said sexual she grinned at me very evily.

"I can keep up with stuff like that!" I shouted back.

"I highly doubt that." She smirked. Just then Ashton strolled up behind her wrapping his arms around her waist.

"You're not alpha mate material. You're human. That's all you will ever be. If he has me he doesn't need his real mate." She grinned walking off with him hand in hand.

I woke up in shock breathing heavily.

These dreams have been happening a lot. I haven't talked to Ashton in a couple of days. Actually after he told me I was his mate I blacked out. Uh-oh...what does this mean? Because I blacked out he doesn't want to date me? I know I'm not a strong spoken out type but come on...I'm not that bad...am I?

What if he did pick Macy over me?

Okay I may not have the long blonde hair, the crystal blue eyes, the perfect clothes that exposed the curves of ones body...but I had a personality...I could have a conversation with him.

One thing's for sure...

I needed to talk with Ashton.

----------------

I hobbled into the parking lot as Charlie went off with his new "friends".

As I looked over near Ashton, Macy stood rather too close then I would have liked. She kind of clung to his arm and he just stood there. He was talking. I knew he would see me soon so I crossed my arms and furrowed my brow.

Once he looked over his face turned into shock and he looked at me apologetically. I stayed glaring at him. Some people in his group caught his view of me and they laughed and patted him on the shoulder.

He untangled himself from Macy's clinging grasps and she sighed unhappily as he walked over to me. She actually looked sad as he walked to me. I had the slightest bit of sympathy and then it vanished when he kissed my cheek.

"Vana...love." He smiled.

"Okay...you said a good relationship is about being honest. What is really going on between you and Macy? I admit she had a tough life but this? It seems a bit...over the top."

"Vana, she is crazy in love with me. I used to be...her boyfriend I guess. I was since grade eight, and I told her we shouldn't do it anymore and she had to go find her mate but she never listened and she still likes me."

"So...am I something like her? A little play toy for your pleasure?" I asked.

"Vana of course not." He said wrapping his arm around my waist. But every time I blinked I kept seeing him and Macy.

"Listen I have been having weird dreams about you and her talking to me saying that I am not a good enough...mate for you."

"Oh yea. You passed out when I told you. I don't know why..." He said.

"Well, you're saying I am these things and you don't realize I am a human girl. I know human things. Not werewolf things."

"Are you willing to miss a day of school for this?"

"I am going to miss quite a few next week so what does it matter?" I said.

"Ok. Let's go." He smiled grabbing my hand. Like this first time he grabbed my hand a tingly sensation went from my hand and through my arm. It happened all the time.