28. Reveal

Jay's P.O.V.

I was standing in the front row in between Miles and Jhype. Jhype and I had talked things out after he left, and we were friends again. We were waiting around waiting for the show to start, I was nervous even though I already knew the outcome. Tonight I dressed Michael, Chance, Mikey and Brady. I was personally very proud of the outfits that I had put them in tonight, not to say that I wasn't proud of the outfits I had put them in earlier in the season. Tonight I just really really liked the outfits that I had picked out. Tonight was not only when the band was revealed, but I find out if I get the job with the band. For my boys? I wasn't worried for them at all, four of my five were making the band. I was so worried for myself, though I had worked my butt off this summer to prove that I could work with the band. 

In Real Life.

They decided on the name In Real Life. That is definitely not what name I would have picked for the band. Though I don't have much room to judge though, I was friends with the idiots who decided to name their band Why Don't We. I harassed them for their name often, though it was an easy thing to call their band, I rolled my eyes any time anyone asked about their name when I was around. In Real Life was going to be Michael, Chance, Brady, Drew, and Sergio.  It made me pretty sad that my guy Mikey wasn't going to be in the band but I knew in my heart that Mikey was going to continue with music and do so many great things as a solo artist. 

Timbaland started his part of the opening. When Michael came out I started to cry, I was crying in the club right now. Jhype put his arm around my shoulder.

"It's okay lil Jay, me too." he whispered in my ear

He kept his arm around my shoulder, by the middle of the boys performance I was bawling. Tears steadily streaming down my face. I was totally crying in the club, like I should be happy and I am. At the same time I am sad, I am so so sad. For all the bullshit I went through this summer with these boys I have to admit that it was hard to see it all coming to an end. These were my boys, not having them around at the end was going to feel very very strange.  To come from fifteen and now to be at eight, soon only to be five. We all went through at lot together this summer, it was all just so surreal. Jhype kept his arm around me till the end of the performance when I had stopped crying. Miles turned to us to see Jhype with his arm around me.

"what is going.. wait are you crying?" Miles said

I just laughed, "I am okay Miles, I am just a little emotional right now. Those are my boys."

"I understand what you're saying those are my guys." Miles said

He smiled back at me. I had to admit I missed Miles, a lot more than I would like to admit. He and I were one in the same, trouble makers. There was no question that Miles was a trouble maker, when he was here him and I drove the other boys insane. Two weeks of us together was probably hell for the other boys, all we wanted to do were things that we were not supposed to be doing. I could do a lot more than the boys could do because my contract wasn't as restrictive as theirs was. Miles and I were the worst pair to have together, whatever I did Miles did with me. Even if it was against what his contract. 

As they announced each boy I screamed loudly for them. I was so proud of my boys and how far they have come in such a short amount of time. This was just the  beginning of what would be a long and fun ride for these boys. At the end of the show we were all up on stage celebrating with everyone when I was pulled aside by their manager.

"Jay  I need to talk to you." He said pulling me away from all the excitement. 

My heart dropped, this was the moment. I couldn't read his face, it was pretty blank from expression.

"Yeah what is it?" I said

"As you know, this is the end of boy band. You came out here and spent your summer working very hard, I appreciate that. You also know that only one person can receive the final job.."

This was it.. He was about to tell me that I wasn't going to get the job. Then, a smile aligned his face?

"I am happy to tell you that you will be working with In Real Life." He said

I felt tears began to well up in my eyes, though my smile was very widely spread across my face. 

"Thank you so so much!" I said 

"It is my pleasure," He said, "You have more than proved yourself over this summer and I hope that you continue to prove yourself."

He walked away from me after that. I ran to Michael, when I say ran I mean I literally sprinted over to him. I jumped into his arms, it startled him but luckily he caught me. 

"what in the world." Michael said

"I did it Michael!" I said

"Oh my god! You did it!" He yelled spinning me around then setting me back on my own two feet.

"This is going to be amazing." I said with a wide smile

"It will be wilder than anything you've ever done before." Michael responded

"Yeah, but there is no one better to do it with than with you losers." I said

I was ready now, this was it. I was so ready to go on this great life adventure.