8. Trouble With a C

Jay's P.O.V.

I had been here for about a week, now that the boys started rehearsing and getting ready for the first live show I had much more time to myself. I was sitting at my desk working on classes, I was trying to get a jump start on school. I knew that if I landed the job I wouldn't have much time for college. It was around four at night and I was almost done with my course. I had only a couple assignments left then a final. I had blown through the class in only three weeks. I had told Hype that he couldn't hang out tonight because I was doing homework. I started my next assignment, working through it fast but thoroughly. I heard a light knock on my door. I rolled my eyes as I got up thinking it was Hype outside my door. When I opened the door it was Conor.

"I know you said you had a lot of work but I'm sad and I just need to be with someone right now." He said

"Yeah come in." I said letting him in.

I grabbed my laptop and sat on my bed, Michael climbed onto the bed and curled up next to me. I tried to focus on my work but I could help but look at the sad boy curled up to me. I ran my fingers through his hair, closing my laptop and setting it aside. He moved his head into my lap. I continued to play with his hair.

"Whats got you so upset?" I asked

"I just miss home so much, I miss my family and my girlfriend." He said, "don't get me wrong I love being out here and I am so blessed to have this opportunity. I just miss everything, my life will never be the same."

I moved one hand down to run his back.

"It's okay, I understand." I said

"Is it okay if I stay in here a while?" He asked, "I know you told Hype he couldn't come over cause you had a lot of work to do."

"It's fine Michael." I said

I continued to play with his hair as we sat in silence. I played with his hair till he fell asleep, I could hear him snoring. I thanked the lord that Michael was a heavy sleeper as I moved out from under him and put a pillow under his head. I grabbed my laptop off my bed and sat back down at the desk. I finished my last two assignments and was almost done with my final. It was five thirty, I had three minutes to finnish the last five questions. There was a knock at the door, I knew it wasn't Michael cause he was asleep in my bed. I knew it wasn't Chance cause he had Brooklyn with him. I grabbed my laptop answering questions the last questions, I opened the door still looking at the lap top.

"What?" I said trying to quickly complete my final.

"You said you weren't having any one over but I saw Michael come in and neve come out." I could tell it was JHype talking.

"Yeah hes sad, I wasnt going to throw him out." I said still focused on my test. Three questions and two minuets left.

"You aren't even paying attention to me!" He exclaimed taking the computer from my hands.

"Give that back!" I said trying to grab the computer back from him , "You don't understand if any questions are un answered at the-"

A loud noise came from my computer. I ripped it out of JHypes hands.

"If any of the questions are left unanswered it is an automatic fail." I said angerly looking at my stats on the screen.

Score: 93%
Questions unanswered: 3
Questions answered: 97
Final score: Fail 93%

"You need to leave." I said

"I'm sorry- I - I didn't mean to." He said

I shut the door in his face. I shut my laptop and set it on the desk. I heard JHype frantically knocking on the door. I grabbed my purse and my phone and walked straight out of the room, past him.