1. A Warm Welcome

Jay's P.O.V.

I woke as the plane touched down. I couldn't believe that I was finally here, this would be an experience of a lifetime. Getting off the plane a large smile lined my face as I entered LAX. Making my way to baggage claim I waited for my pink duffle bag with blue tag to show up. I thought it might have gotten lost then it finally came around the conveyer belt. I quickly grabbed it and made my way to the car that ABC had waiting for me. There was a man standing outside of the car with a sign that said Williams and the trunk open ready to put my stuff into it. I smiled as he took my bag out of my hand. The door was open like I was supposed to get into it. I glanced at the guy dressed up in a suit.

"Can I sit in the front seat?" I asked

"I'm not really supposed to let you, but yes I guess you can." He said with a slight smile.

"Thank you!" I said as I shut the back door and opened the front door getting into the car.

He closed the trunk, and got in the car. He looked like he was a few years older than me, maybe like twenty one or twenty two. I was only 17 and about to have my dream job, I have never felt so blessed in my life.

He turned on the car and pulled away from the airport starting our 40 minute journey to the hotel in Burbank. I glanced around taking in all the sights of the city, though I felt like the car was way to quiet. I looked down to see an aux cord.

"Can I plug in the aux?" I asked

"Yeah , play whatever you want." He said eyes focused on the road

"Hope you like Kendrick Lamar." I said as I put on King Kunta

This was one of my favorite songs , I could always get lit to it. I reached for the radio and turned the volume up really loud. I started dancing in my seat as the song played. The driver laughed and had a small smile on his face. As the song ended I turned down the volume. Music quietly played for the rest of the ride to the hotel. When we got there it was about eight o'clock in the morning. The man who drove the car offered to help me cary my bags into the hotel but I told him I could handle it.

I took my bags into the hotel, walking through the hotel lobby to the check in desk I hear someone yell my name.

"Jay!" I hear

I turned around to see a group of boys. I was pretty sure they we're talking to someone in the group so I just continued to the desk and began to check in with the woman at the desk. I was almost done, the lady went away to grab my room keys. I heard them yelling again.

"Jay shut the fuck up." One of them yelled.

I just rolled my eyes at them, where are their parents? I was irritated, I grabbed my room keys from the lady and thanked her for her help. I picked up all my bags from the floor and made my way to the elevator. I pressed the button for it to open, when I got the feeling like someone was behind me. Curious but not wanting to seem rude if someone was actually behind me I just stepped into the elevator. I turned around to see three of the boys who were in the group from the lobby get on. They stood on the otherside of the elevator.

Two had blone hair and the other boy had brown hair. I reached out and touched the button that would take me to my floor. All my bags set on the floor in front of me. The boys were in the corner whispering, before they all turned looking at me. I felt like this was about to be one of those situations where a dream turns into a nightmare, I had mentally decided that they were going to murder me in the elevator. The tallest blonde boy smiled at me. I hesitantly smiled back at him.

"You have a lot of bags and we're staying on the same floor. We were wondering if you'd like some help with your bags." He said

I thought for a second, I almost said no, but then I realised that I would probably never see those boys ever again. I smiled at him before replying.

"Sure, I'd love that." I replied

"What's your name?" The guy with brown hair asked.

"My name is Jay." I responded, "and who might you boys be?"

"Well, I am Michael." The boy with brown hair said.

"This is Brady." Michael said gesturing to the boy  with curly blonde hair.

"And this is JHype." Michael said gesturing to the tall blonde boy.

"Nice to meet you all." I said with a smile.

When we arrived at our floor Michael and JHype grabbed my bags for me. We walked down the hall to my room. When we got there JHype made a comment.

"Looks like we're neighbours." JHype said

"Really?" I questioned opening the door.

"Yup," he said, " my room is right across the hall."

I laughed a little as the followed me into my room.

"You guys can just set my bags on the far bed." I said

They set my bags on the second bed and looked at me.

"We'll I guess we'll see you later." Michael said

"You two can stick around if you want." I responded, "I'm just going to unpack my stuff and make myself at home here."

"Yeah that's cool ." JHype said sitting down in a chair

"How long are you staying here?" Michael said sitting on the empty bed.

"A couple months," I said, "I got an internship on this new show called boy band, if It works out then I'll be working for the band as their stylist."

"No way, thats super cool." JHype said, "we're actually contestants on that show."

"I guess I will be seeing a lot of you two then. " I said as a put my clothes into drawers

"I guess so." Michael said

I had put all my clothes into drawers but I was missing something. I dug in my bag that I swore I had packed it in, then I dug around in my other bags but I couldn't find it.

"Did you lose something?" Michael asked

"Yeah." I replied simply as I frantically looked through all my things.

"What was it?" Michael asked

"If I tell you you'll make fun of me." I said now searching in the drawers I had put my clothes in

"I promise we won't." JHype said

I gave up searching and sat on the bed next to Michael.

"I lost my lovie." I said, "it's a small blanket I've had since I was little, I can't sleep without it."

"Aww that's so cute , but so sad that you lost it." JHype said

"Yeah, I might just have forgotten to pack my lovie." I said, "I guess I'll just have to survive."

Michaels phone began to ring. He answered it.

"Yeah, yeah, okay, alright . See you in five." Michael said before hanging up the phone.

"We gotta go but it was so great to meet you." Michael said

"It was great meeting you guys too." I said

"Here." Michael and JHype said at the same time both handing me their phones.

I laughed a bit, taking their phones and putting my number in.

"I'll see you guys later." I said as they headed out the door.

"I'll text you!" JHype yelled as it closed behind him.

I laughed a little at the thought of being friends with all the boys on the show. It was definitely going to be a summer that I would never forgot.