Chapter 18.

UNEDITED.

THE NERD AND THE BADBOY

Chapter 18.

5SOS- She looks so Perfect

Coldplay- Paradise

Israel & New Bread- You are Good

Hillsongs- Oceans

Veronicas P.O.V

I just stare a head of me. Not being able to blink for a second. Has the world gone crazy? First my parents now him.

Scott was standing with his hands in his pockets leaning against a 70's black car. His dark glasses covering his eyes.

Looking around I saw that some people stopped and stare at him. Girls swoning (isabel XD) from left and right, and guys with envy in their faces. Even I got to admit that my brother wasn't all that bad looking.

But sadly to the girls, he's taken, by Toby's sister. Now that I look around again I dont see her anywhere.

Toby had also stopped infront of me. He looked back at me and came to holding my hand at the same time that Scotts face turned to look at us.

I gave Toby a confused look, and he just rolled his eyes leaning close to whisper in my ear."Remember that were 'dating''

It took me a second to compreheand what he ment but then remember that this idiot opened his mouth and said that we were a couple. I nodded and looked a head. Scott made a hand motion for me to go to where he was but I didn't move at all.

He took the hint and started walking towards us. I stiffened but Toby squeezed my hand in reasurence. I breath in and out waiting for him to get here.

"Can we talk?" Was the first thing Scott asked.

"No" I replied. I still need to talk to Fawn and I didn't want to talk to him anyway.

He sighed and took his glasses of showing off his light brown eyes that held sadness in them. He stayed quit for a while as if fighting with himself inside his head. He was looking at eveyone and everything, even Toby, but me.

"We have to get going. Were going to hang-out with-" Scott didn't let Toby finish his sentence.

"Fawn, I know, I saw her a while ago and told her that you couldn't make it because were going to talk." He finally looked at me with pleading eyes this time.

I hesitated on answering.

Even if I do believe in second chance, Its hard to trust the person the same way you use to. Nothing can ever be the same.

"Ok, but you have 30 minutes of my time and thats all before I have to go home. You know how the devils- I mean mom and dad are." I give in and try to hide my mistake but from the smirk playing on his lips I see that he caught on.

"I dont blame you, I use to call them that and I always got a slap on my face." He said.

I remember the times when he used to call out our perants and a smack would reach my ear. He always provoked my parents in to hitting him more than me and my sister.

Toby looked over at me as if saying that he can come along but I just shooked my head. "I'll call you when were done talking."

He didnt look convinced but at the end just agreed with a simple nod. I let go of his hand and walked towards Scotts car without waiting for him to see if hes following or not.

I waited in the passenger seat until he came and unlocked it getting on his own side. I got in and put the window down, liking how the cold air hit my face.

We didn't speak at all during the drive, the only sound was our breathing. The silence only lasted for about nine minutes until he decided to start a conversation to break the awkwardness in the air.

"So, how have you been?" he asked.

I looked at him as if saying 'are-you stupid-or-somethin' and looked back at the window."Don't even try. I know you well enough even if I haven't seen you for five years. You know exactly how im doing." I spoke non-chantly.

He stifend but nodded. His grip on the stearing wheel tighten and I'm pretty sure all hes seeing now isn't just the road but also red.

"Look, Im sorry-"

"Save it. We can talk about this when you park somewhere. I don't want to jump out of this car while your driving just because you got me mad. I'll rather stomp off on land." I cut him off.

He nodded again and kept going.

Fifteem minutes later and his parking on the parks lot. I got out off the car without waiting for him, again, and walked towards some benches near a pond.

Maybe if he gets me super mad I can just throw him in their and let the ducks pock his eyes out.

Ok, that might have been to harsh.

I sat on the bench and waited for him to come. When he did come he turned around so he can fully see me, but I didn't turn around. I just faced the pond, and relaxed seeing how the two swans came together and formed a heart with their long necks.

"Ok, where do I start?" He sighed.

I looked at him, and studied his face for a while. He had dark shadows under his eyes and a frown on him.

"From the beginning." I shurgged and looked towards the pond again.