Chapter 37 [PART 2]

THE NERD AND THE BADBOY

Chapter 37 [part 2]

You Found Me- The Fray

Toby's POV

I just stood there for a while watching as fear over took Veronicas futures. I wanted to laugh but that wouldn't be too nice but a chuckle did leave my mouth getting a glare thrown to me. "Sorry." I said with a chuckle. "But your face is priceless."

"Instead of laughing at me, why don't you help me pack up and get the hell out of here." Veronica quickly ordered.

"Leave everything and take those shoes of. You'll hurt yourself."

She looked down at her shoes and it was if she was fighting with herself in the inside of her head.

Even if it's not the greatest time to do this, I took out my phone and took a quick photo of her. She looks perfect under this moonlight tonight and I can't seem to stop looking at her and feeling lucky that I will soon get to call this girl mine.

"You coming, or do you want to stay in a cell for the night?" I teased. She grunted before taking of her shoes and tossing them in the picnic basket and picking it up. "No, leave that too." 

"B-but Fawn will kill me if leave her shoes. She warned me!" She panicked. 

"I can buy her new ones." I shrugged and started to look at the edge of building, seeing that the officers had already gone inside the building. "C'mon. I found the perfect place to jump from." 

I sat on the edge, not really caring for the high since I’ve done worse than this. "J-jump? Are you crazy! You can hurt yourself!" Veronica cried out. 

"Don't worry, you can trust me right?" I turned to look at her. I didn't mean for it to come serious, but I really wanted to know if she can trust me. With everything she has. 

She bit her lips and looked around the roof. Why is she hesitating?

“Why would you ask that? I wouldn’t love you, if I didn’t trust you with everything I had. You didn’t give me a choice on whether to trust you or not. The minute you caught me when I tripped… you had my trust already.” She shrugged.  

I was full on grinning by now, and I’m sure I looked like a creep to her. Walking slowly towards her, I took my time to look at the bright red flush on her face. I take a hold of one of her soft cheeks and slowly lean in.

“Hey! Stop right there you little devils!”

My face whipped to the side so fast, that I’m sure I’ll have an ache later. I see one of the cops, the chubby one, trying to get out of the door. I chuckle and look over to a now paled face Veronica.

“You’re going to jump when I tell you too, Okay?” I took her hand and started leading her where the perfect jump could be.

Taking a deep breath and closing her eyes she nodded. “Okay, let’s do this. I don’t want to give Scott trouble just yet.”

After those words I just jumped out and landed on two feet. Yup! I’m that awesome. I looked back up at her who is looking behind her franticly.

“Veronica, just look at me and-“  I didn’t get to finish before I see her throwing herself from the roof.

I caught her right on time, but making us fall on the floor together. Instead of the cliché thing to happen of me landing on the bottom and her on top of me, is the opposite.

“You’re fat!” She laughed under me. I stick my tongue out at her before rolling away and getting up. I pull her right up and see the officer looking down at us. Good thing he can’t see us under the dark.

“You devils! Mike, go to the front!” He talked into his walkie-talkie. He threw a glare at us.

I made my voice deeper before smirking at him. “Well, I guess these devils have more things to do then look at your face.” I turned to Veronica. “Run!”

I took after those words, leaving her stunned. “Bloody hell, Toby!” I heard her curse.

I laughed out loud and slowed down to let her catch up to me. “You okay there babe?”

“You’re a prick!”

“Yea, I am. But you now have to deal with this prick. Because he belongs to you.” I tease her with a smirk. Seeing as we were further away from the school. I come to a stop, sitting on the sidewalk.

She sits next to me and turns to look at me. “What do you mean? I’m not anyone’s girlfriend.” I didn’t miss that small smirk that shows one her delicious lips.

“You’re such a tease.” I said not being able to keep eyes out of her lips as she bits them.

“I don’t know what you mean at all.” She said, innocently.

I couldn’t take it anymore, so I just went for it and took her lips in mine. I’ve been waiting all nights to feel her lips mold against mine.

I pull away slowly and look at her swollen lips. “Will you be my girlfriend, Veronica Jade West?” I ask, looking her in the eyes.

She puts a hand on her chin, pretending to think. “Mmm. I don’t know.” She turned to me and gave me wide grin. “Yes!”

….I’m ashamed of myself. 
I don't deserve forgiveness.