Chapter 47.

Chapter 47.

VERONICAS P.O.V

I let out a small whimper.

"I'm sorry." The Doctor spoke up. "The surgery went well and we, thankfully, got the bullet out of his chest. It was close to his heart but he got here in time. But he went straight into a coma after. We don't know for how long he will be like this."

Toby hugged me and started to caress my hair. "Can we see him."

"Family only-" He stopped for a while. "You can go with her. Room 154"

"Thank you." Toby said and we made our way to his room. "You ready?"

I need to stay strong. The tears have to stop. This is all my fault anyways.

I nodded and held my breath. Toby opened the door and what I saw made me bite my lip so I wouldn't cry.

Scott was laying down -wires all around him. The heart beat machine was the only noise apart from his low breathing. Hold in the tears. It's your fault.

I gulped and walk towards him and grabbed his hand. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" I fell to the ground and punched the ground as hard as I could. My hand started to feel pain but I tried to ignore it the most that I could. "I'm sorry!"

Toby tried to pick me up from the ground but I refused to get up. "Vero-"

"No! No!" I cried. So much for not crying...

"Veron-" He tried again.

"It's all my fault! Everything is my fault!" I yell and pull at my hair. "He might never wake up because of me!"

"Veronica don't say that-" He stated.

"Why?" I laughed, without any humor in my voice. "Isn't honesty the best policy?!" I got up from the ground and pointed at him. I was so mad and I wanted to take my anger out at something or someone and I knew that half of the things I'm about to say will be regretted later. "Even you know that everyone around me seems to die! And it's all my fault.

"My sister killed herself in front of me and I did nothing about it! Nothing for fuck sake's! My parents died because they tried to protect me. Now my brother is laying in a hospital bed fighting for his fucking life because he protect me from getting shot! He should have let me die!"

Toby grabbed my wrist and harshly pushed me against a wall. "Don't you dare say that you should have died! None of this is your fault!"

"Yes it is! Why are you lying to me!?" I cry out and try to remove my wrist from his grasp but it was impossible. "Toby, stop!"

"Veronica Jade West..." He said slowly and it broke my heart more when I heard his voice breaking like a 13 year old boy going through puberty. "None of this is your fault. Please, stop blaming yourself for everything." His strength on my wrist loosened and he leaned his forehead against mine. He looked straight into my eyes and let out a small sigh.

My throat hurt and a headache was coming after all that crying and I was feeling tired all of a sudden. "Why don't I believe you?" I whisper and close my eyes.

"I know that deep inside you, you know that none of this is your fault but your demons are trying to break you. They're messing with your head and trying to get you against yourself. None of this is because of you. None of this is your fault. Things happen in life -horrible things. But they teach us a lesson. They prepare us for things that are to come in the future. Don't let your demons win, you have to fight against them and believe that Scott will wake up and that your sister, mom and dad are watching over you. That everything will get better."