Chapter 26.

UNEDITED

THE NERD AND THE BADBOY

Chapter 26.

SCOTTS POV

Four hours. Its been for hours and since then no news has been delivered to me since they brought her here to check if she was alive or...dead.

Even if I refuse to believe it I know that it can be true. She had lost a lot of blood that it made the place look like a murder scene.

I felt numb now and the tears that were flowing earlier like a river have stopped and my cheeks were just dried now with stains.

Hazel had called me earlier but I ignored her calls. That didn't work of course so she kept calling until I finally answered. The first thing she did was yell at me but a soon as she heard my sobs she stopped and asked what was wrong.

I didnt feel like telling her over the phone so I send her the address of the hospital and told her to some her instead. She didn't ask any question, just agreed and hanged up.

She should be here any minute now.

Hazel doesn't know much about Veronica but she knows that she exist. I never really had the balls to go up to her and tell her the real story. She thinks that my sister, Nately, is studying in New York. She thinks that my parents are both dead, and look at that. They really are now. She thinks that Veronica lives with an aunt of mine.

I know I have to tell her the truth once she gets here. Shell be mad, furious even, but I have to tell her everything. Hopefully shell give me a chance to explain.

"Scott? Scott?!" Yells brought my head away from palms and I looked up to see Hazel running towards me with worry in her eyes. "What happened? Is something wrong? Scott. Answer me please." She continued.

"I-its about my sister....Hazel. We need to talk." I stood up and lead her to the chairs by the white wall.

"Whats wrong?" She asked confused and then something flashes in her eyes. "Are we braking up?" Tears were already forming.

"No, baby. No. Were not braking up. But you might want to after I tell you all of this." I looked down not being able to look into those gorgeous eyes of hers. "You see i've been lying to you about my family this whole time."

"Explain." I Can hear the betrayal in that one word.

"My older sister isn't in New York, trying to become a newspaper editor. She actually committed suicide 7 years ago." I had to stop their to think straight and not start crying again. "My parents weren't dead. Until today. They died not even close to 2 hours ago."

"Im so-"

"Don't. I don't deserve your apology right now after what im going to tell you. I ran away from home 2 years later after her death because I couldn't deal what was going on at home. My parents always beat the crap out of us. Especially me and my older sister. We never let them touch our little sister. When my sister died I made a promise to her and myself that I would take care of Veronica, my little sister, but I couldnt deal with it anymore

"I ran away and later on I met you. I never forgot about my babysister though. And the guilt has been eating me for the last 5 years. I cant believe I left her. Getting abused by my parents and having no one to turn too." By now I was mostly talking to myself instead of her.

"I always thought what it would have been If I never had ran away. Would she be alive or dead? Did the beating stop? Is she happy?" Saying the words out loud made me realize what a big doughe I was and am for never having the nerves to even try to find out the Truth.