Chapter 28.

UNEDITED 

THE NERD AND THE BADBOY

Chapter 28.

VERONICAS POV

Scott wasn't all too thrilled with the idea of the plan but he was being sympathetic about it. That was until he started asking questions.

"Why? To me this seems like a really stupid idea Veronica. You know you like the guy. Why are you pulling away at the same time that he confessed about loving you? I know you heard what happened out there. " He said with a disbelieving look in his eyes.

"You don't understand. I'm thrilled and dying of joy in the inside because I have also fallen for him hard, but I'm not someone he would want to be with. He can do way better. And I also don't want to get hurt. Once a playboy, always a playboy. Hes going to get sick of me and throw me away like a tissue paper." I breath out. Not even I get half of what Im doing but, I'm doing it. 

"Please don't ask anymore questions. I just want to go home and -"

A knock on the door cut me off.  "Hey guys...umm the guys want to See Veronica."

What guys?

Oh yeah, I actually forgot about Dash, Roman, And Nate.

Will he be able to See trough the lie? Its scary to admit this but I actually kind if trust Nate. I don't know why or how but I do. I feel like if I tell him he'll help me.

The Packet

Oh my GOD the effin packet. What do I do know? 

I was about to open my mouth to tell Scott but the door open and everyone came in. When are they gonna call a doctor? 

As if reading my mind Scott got up from the chair and started walking to the door. "I'm going to go call a doctor. Guys please don't try to stress her out. Oh and Veronica, John will be here  in about 20 minutes" 

Don't leave me alone! I mentally pleaded but I saw the smirk on Scotts face as he left. Poop-Face. He did this on purpose. He's going to pay. Wait John is coming? Oh God. I was supposed to forgive him but I have apparently "Lost my memory."

Okey, now I just need to play it. 

"What did he mean by stressing her out?" Nate asked softly.

Toby looked at me with pain in his eyes. You can see him visibly gulp. Still looking at me he replied to him. "She doesn't remember anything. She lost her memory." His voice cracked and looked away bringing his hands towards his face. 

I did my best to have a blank face and look around. I didn't want them -mostly Nate- to know what the truth is. I have never seen Toby brake down and that same thing makes me want to brake down. The worst part it that I'm the one that caused it. 

 Hazel went to him and put a hand on his shoulder making him lean in into her touch. I've never seen him broken. 

Roman came besides me and I tried my best to flinch. "Do you remember me?" He asked with hope. 

Yes! "No, im sorry guys and girl. I really don't remember anything. That guy, Scott I think said that Im his sister and that I tried to commit suicide. But I don't know why I would do that." 

I know exactly why. 

They all stayed quiet and looked at each other. I don't want to show them any sign of anything so I just look down at my trembling fingers trying to calm them down.