Chapter 16.

THE NERD AND THE BADBOY

Chapter 16.

Veronicas P.O.V

It was Monday again and school was starting once again. I was happy that school was starting again. I know crazy right, but if you had parents like mine you would do anything to get away from them.

I woke up pretty good, at first, but then I went downstairs ready to leave for school, and my parents where drinking coffe and had tired eyes. They looked up to me and my mom, (and this is not a joke) actually smiled at me. I gave her a confused look and gave her a smile, a forced one. What the hell is going on?

My mom looked at my dad and they both shared the same look before laughing together. My mom looked at me again and walked towards me and, like always, I took a step back. She ignored it and came towards me again and lifted her right hand towards my face and I closed my eyes waiting for the impact, which never came.

I slowly opened them again feeling a cold hand against my cheek. I followed the hand towards the body and saw my mom look at me with loving eyes? I don't know. I've never seen that face before so don't blame me.

"Do you need money for school, honey?" She said soflty, forcing the last word out.

"I-I gu-guess" I stutter.

She chuckled and looked back at my dad who was just staring at me.

"Come here, princess." He said motioning for me to go where he was. I hesitated for what felt like ages but in reality seconds, and I found myself next to him.

He grabbed my head and kissed my forehead. He dropped his hands to his sides before grabbing his wallet from the kitchen counter. He grabbed out 20 dollers and handed it to me. I took it and placed it in my pocket. I was about to walk to the door when my mom grabbed me and hugged me. I didn't hug back for about 5 seconds, but at the end hugged her back a little bit. I pulled back and went straight towards the door.

"Have a nice day, honey" They both yelled at the same time like those movies. I closed the door and stood their for a ew seconds taking everything in. I finally snapped out of it and headed to school.

It was finally lunch time and since I'm not talking to to John yet I sit all the way in the back of the cafetiria where mostly no one sits. Perfect. I wasn't hungry so I just kept the money and took out and apple from my backpack. I started munching on it and took out my book. I love reading.

I was about to start another chapter when I hear howls of laughter coming my way. I ignored it and continued reading my book.

Another noise made its way towards my ear and this time it was sound of a table being moved, suddenly my table got bumbed towards another one and I dropped my book looking next to me.

There stood Toby with three other guys and a short brunette girl. I raised and eyebrow at him. "What?" I asked him.

He didn't answer me and insted sat in front of me. His- I guess- friends sat next to him leaving the brunett girl to sit next to me.

"What?" I asked, again.

"Nothing, we saw you sitting alone so we came to see why. So why?" Toby asked.

I shrugg my shoulder ans started reading my book again and eaitng me apple. He coughed and I ingored him. He coughed again and guess what? I ignored him. Finally fed up he took my book closing it and looking me in the eyes. "Why?"

"Because I want to so can you leave me alone" It hurt saying that but I didn't want him to realize that I like him.

"Nah, I think I'm good" He shrugged and looked at his friends who all wore goofy smiles and a smirk coming from the girl.

I looked back at my book and tried to get it but Toby beats me to it and pulls it away from me. I frown already missing my book. Kendra was about to kill Muriel.

"Ok, these assholes are my friends" He pointed to the 3 boys. "and this is my dear cousin Fawn" He said sarcasticlly pointing to the girl next to me who kept smirking at him before finally looking at me.

"Hey, I'm Fawn and I know who you are the best student in the whole senior year level." She leaned closer to me and whispered. "I know everything about you, and if you have told something to Toby, then no he didn't tell me anything. Just know that I can be your friend when ever you need one" She said softly and backed away looking me straight in the eye. I looked at her with shock and nodded my head not knowing what to say.

I looked back at Toby and he had emotions going trough his eyes before covering it completly not lettting me look into it too much.

"So, these assholes are" He pointed to a brown haired boy with hazel eyes "Roman, Dash" he pointed to a dirty blond one with blue eyes, typical. "And Nate or Nathan" He pointed to a guy with an emo style. Black hair style with some piercings making him look mysterious. I nodded and gave them a small smile.