Chapter Forty-One

Kristina POV

I sat there staring at my phone in shock. I've never heard him talk like that before. I replayed the whole conversation in my head to make sure that I had heard everything that he had said was right.

"I fucking love you dammit! When I proposed to you I said I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you.  I need you.  I can't eat.  I can't sleep. I'm drinking too much.  When I was with you I felt normal.  I was not being haggard by paparazzi. With you I was happy and I felt complete.  You. Changed. Me. I love you. You have my child inside you and that makes me love you even more. Please come back and be with me so that we can grow old together and watch our kids and grandkids and hell even our great grandkids grow to be something special.  If you don't understand how I feel about you the something must be wrong.  I-I You know what. I'm done trying."

He had hung up on me. He was crying. I tried to grasp that he was unhealthy without me. I started to cry, I love him so much. I miss him and I need him.  I put my hand on my growing stomach.

He had said that he was done trying. I cried harder. I shouldn't have left him. I felt like I had overreacted to the whole situation.  He was a good man.

I grabbed all of my clothes and slapped them into my suitcase . I grabbed my purse, my phone and my keys and ran out the house.

"Kristina!  Where are you going?!" I heard Craig yell from the door.

"I have to get Ken back " I said as I closed the trunk and got in the car .

I had a long ride ahead of me. 

¥¥¥¥¥

I was in my car outside of Ken's house. It's was 1:30am and I hoped he was sleep then I hoped he wasn't. I still had the house key so I got out the car and went to the door. I unlocked it and stepped in. It was the same as always. Marble floors with a spiral staircase. And polished to perfection.  I walked slowly up the stairs and stopped in front of the bedroom door. I slipped my shoes off at the door and opened it. I picked my shoes up walked in. I sat my shoes by the dresser. All of my things were still there. I smiled and looked over at the bed. He was on one side with his arm thrown over his eyes. He had a small  beer belly forming and a beard. I winched at the sight  of him. I pulled my pants off and climbed into the bed. I snuggled close to him and closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

¥¥¥¥¥

I woke up and my stomach rolled. I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom.  I bent over the toilet and puked. This morning  sickness was  giving me the blues. I rinsed my mouth and went back to the bedroom.  Ken was still sleep.  I walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. I looked down at him and brushed his long hair out of his face.  He was in desperate need of a shave, gym,  and haircut.

He stirred, one of his eyes popped open and he stared at me. His eye widened and he opened both eyes. He shot up and wrapped his arms around me.

"Your real?" He asked holding me at arms length.  I laughed.

"Yes I'm real"

"You came back. I knew you would come back. " he said pulling me into a hug. His beard scratched my shoulder.

"I will come back permanently if you shave and get a haircut ." I said pulling on a strand of hair. He laughed and nodded.

He got up and went into the bathroom.  I smiled and laid back on the bed. I sighed and my eye grew heavy. I saw sleep within minutes.