Chapter Thirteen

Ken POV

When I saw her walk in with Bella I almost spit my brandy out.  She was so beautiful. That dress was perfect on her.  I wanted to rip it off and search her secrets with my mouth. dammit Ken snap out of it

I ordered another brandy and drunk it in one gulp.

"Hey Ken. "Some blond next to me said.  She had on a very revealing dress.  I wasn't interested.

"Hello"

"I have a room here." She said holding out a key card. " How about we go and break it in? " I looked at her up and down.  She was not as appealing as I thought. 

"No thank you.  Rain check?" I said standing up and walking away before she could reply. 

I walked over to my parents and Kristina . I put my hand on her back and she jumped. I smiled.  I looked her from head to toe. I really wanted to get her out of that dress. 

"Dance with me" I grabbed her hand and we walked to the dance floor.  People was staring. I was used to it. 

One song was a little fast so we twirled and dipped. I loved that she knew how to dance.  The next song was slow . I pulled her close and looked down at her.  She looked up at me with those beautiful blue eyes. I couldn't help it I bent my head and kissed her.  She didn't kiss me back at first.  But then she leaned into me and kissed me back. I smiled against her lips. We broke apart and I smiled at her.  She smiled back and put her head on my shoulder and sighed. I held her close

I wanted her to stay with me tonight. 

¥¥¥¥¥¥

After the dance we sat at a table. It was a charity auction next. The last auction that I had went to was for toys . Instead of buying toys we had to donate towards them. I put in about 12 million for the cause. I made a lot of money and charity is on thing that I loved  giving to.

"Next is the charity single ladies auction. All of the single woman in the building will come up and men will place an amount for a dance with the lovely lady of their choosing. All money goes to St. Judes Children's hospital for all of the great work that they are doing and for everything that they have done for children all over and for many of our children in this very room. So now can I have all ladies please join me on the stage." The MC said. Many woman started standing and making their way to the stage. 

Bella squealed and stood up going to Kristina.  

"Come on Kris! This will be fun." Bella said taking her hand.

"Oh no I'm fine really. You can go and have fun." she said trying to pull her hand back.

"Bella she doesn't want to go. " I said.

"Shut up. She's single and dancing is her life. Come on. Just do this one thing and I will leave you alone." I stared at her for a moment longer trying to figure out who she was talking too.

Eventually she got up and they made their way up to the stage. I watched them slowly walk up to the stage.

"Now that we have our lovely ladies up here on stage we need our single men to stand on the dance floor. We will start biding once everyone is down here. "

I stood up and made my way to the floor. I stood there staring at Kris the whole time. I drowned out all talk.

Once every guy stood on the floor she started biding and taking money. Bella and Kris were the last two.

The MC stood next to Kris. There were seven guys left who didn't get a girl and I  was one of them.

"Okay men start your amount." She said smiling.

"One million." Christopher Grayson said. The owner of Grayson technology and of Grayson college of technology. His bid was pretty high. I knew why. Kristina was beautiful up there.

"Two million." I  said.

"Two and a half." He said.

"Five million." I said I was not letting him touch on her. Christopher looked at me with his mouth hanging open. I don't care. I had the money to donate to St. Jude. I just don't want him touching on her.

"Five million? Going once. Going twice. Dance SOLD to Kenneth Truman Jr." The MC announced. The crowd cheered. I walked to the stage and help Kris down.  And we began to dance once they revealed the Bellas dance was 12 million.

The song ended and I was kinda sad. She leaned back and looked at me.  I leaned forward and kissed her on the lips softly. 

"Be mine" I said pulling her close again. 

She looked at me with big eyes.  She nodded her head. I smiled.  She smiled and I kissed her again.  She held my arms tighter and moaned. 

Yes, I thought.  I don't want to let her go. 

Before I knew it there were flashing lights. People was taking pictures.  But I didn't stop kissing her. I finally stopped and pulled away. Her cheeks burned bright red.  I led her off the dance floor over to the bar. I was breathless.  I needed a drink. 

She sat on the stool  and I sat across from her. She was looking down at her hands and she was smiling. I put my hand under her chin and lifted her head up.

"Thank you. " I said.

"For what? "

"Saying yes. "

She blushed. "Oh" She looked away.  I turned her head back facing me. 

"Don't look away." I said.  The bartender came over and I ordered a brandy and a glass of champagne. I reached over and took her hand in my hand. "Can we go to my room? " I asked.

"Sure" She said looking unsure.  I smiled and she seemed to relax. Our drinks came and I took her hand leading her to the elevators.  We got on and many others did too.  I pulled her closer when some guys started staring at her. She leaned into me and took a sip of her champagne.

We was going all the way to the top. It was a long ride.