Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

Devin

I knew I was in big-ass trouble I was going to have to answer to Mac and Pee Wee sooner or later. I thought about fleeing the city, but I couldn't do that because I had Charisma and the baby. I didn't want to be a dead beat like my dad was. I sat in a cold-ass waiting room until these detectives shoved me into an interrogation room. One was black around six foot four with a salt-and-pepper goatee. The other was Hispanic and fat. His hair looked like someone just threw oil all over it.

"So you know why you're here, right?" the black man asked sitting across from me.

I slumped down and nodded my head. "So where you get the weed from?"

If there was something I knew how to do it, it was how to be real quiet when it came to the police.

"We see that this is your first offense. Mr. Devin Wilson, son of a notorious gang and drug dealer of Detroit," the Hispanic one said, and it was starting to make me uncomfortable as hell, but it still remained quiet.

"What does my dad got to do with this, man?"

"You have to be working for him obviously. Since he has been running the streets for a while, we all know that he wants to expand his empire, so I would assume that..."

"That what?  You see a notorious drug dealer's son in jail, and you automatically assume that his biological son and not some random guy off the streets is selling for him?"

"You have a cousin too, Kemarc Wilson?"

"I want to call my lawyer," I said getting up.

An officer brought me out of the interrogation room, and walked me to the front. When I walked out, I saw Charisma, Mr. J, Kemarc, and Toya walk inside the precinct. I quickly came over and gave Charisma a big hug and kiss on the forehead.

"How in the hell did this shit happen?" Kemarc asked as we all sat down in the visitation room.

"Look I got set up, man. Somebody had to be watching me," I said wiping my face.

"Well, we are going to have to bail you out," Charisma said.

"With what money?"

"I mean your dad sent..."

"No, don't use that money to get me out," I interrupted.

"So the money is just going to sit there?"

"If there is one thing that I would use that money for, it's to take care of our child. That's it."

"Over a felony like this, you could serve around six months to maybe a year," Mr. J explained, "I mean if you plead guilty, and it's your first offense then they might make it around like three months."

I couldn't believe it. I would have to miss the birth of my first child.

"Do Pee Wee and Mac know yet?" I asked Kemarc praying that they didn't.

"Yeah, they do."

"Times up," the police said coming inside the room taking me by the back of my hands.

"Just don't use that money on me," I told Charisma again as they put handcuffs on me and walked me back to my cell.

"Two weeks is your first court date, youngin," one of the detective said stopping in front of my cell. I sat on my stiff bed with my head down thinking. I didn't know how the hell I was going to get through this.