Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Devin

The whole fight with Charisma and Kristy was unexpected as hell. I really didn't know that Jarell and Kristy were fucking. I knew it hurt Charisma because she basically knew Kristy ever since they were little. Charisma cried the whole time I drove her home. I knew she was heartbroken, but I meant it when I told her that I would be there for her. I knew that Jarell were suspect. I mean she should have known that Kristy was that type of person from day one. Right now, I was the only one she had.

When we pulled up in front of her house, I grabbed her hand. "Your mom working double shifts tonight?"

"No, why?"

"Go get some clothes. I don't think you don't want your mom nagging you about why you crying like this."

"Thanks, but where I'm going to go?"

"It's a surprise. I'll come get you in thirty minutes. Make sure you're ready. I don't want your mom tripping why you leaving with a bunch of clothes in my car." I finally got her to smile a little. "See? You don't have to be mad about this drama. You still got me."

"Thanks, Dev."

"You're welcome. Now go get your shit."

She gave me a kiss on the cheek, and I watched her until she got into the house. I pulled off and hurried my ass home to go get my place ready. I wanted her to come to a clean home. I really wasn't the type of person to keep everything clean and tidy, so I knew I had my work cut out for me. As soon as I got home, I ran straight in my crib and started cleaning and putting things into their right place. It took me a while because there were clothes and everywhere.

"Yo, Dev, wassup?" Lion asked coming inside the house. I wasn't in the mood to talk. I was still in a rush trying to clean up.

"Man, I aint got time to talk. I'm cleaning right now."

"All right, but why?"

"Look, since you here, you can help me clean," I said handing him a broom, "Wassup though?"

"Someone sent this from your dad," Lion said handing me the package.

Another one? I thought. I hated when my father would try and compensate for him not being there by giving me money. I could take care of myself. I had been doing it for years. I grabbed the package and threw it in my closet where all the other packages he had sent me were kept, and then I continued cleaning.

"Aight, so wassup with this cleaning thing?"

"Charisma sleeping over tonight," I finally answered.

"So you finally got the drawls?"

"Naw, just drama at school, and her mom is a bitch, so I told her to come sleep over at my crib."

"Man, good luck cause Sharice been walking around here looking for you all damn day."

I put my head down and wiped the sweat off my forehead. This bitch was crazy. "Don't pay that girl no mind. I promise you she's crazy."

Ten minutes later, I was finally done cleaning. "Aight, get the fuck out my house. I got to go pick up Charisma."

I ran straight to my car and drove to her house but parked down the block because I didn't want her mom yelling and fussing. I called her cell phone, and she answered the phone on the first ring. "Can you please pull up to my house because I am not walking?"

"What about your mom?"

"She ended up having to go to work, so drive over here."

When I pulled up in front of her house, she was standing outside.

"So where we going?" she asked getting into the car.

"My house."

"Obviously, Devin, I know you."

I just shook my head and laughed. "Man, whatever."

When we got back to my house, I was happy I didn't see Sharice crazy-ass. I wouldn't have been surprised if she tried to run up on us. I grabbed Charisma's bag, and we walked upstairs to my house. When we got inside, I set everything on the floor by the couch while she sat down on the couch.

"You want anything to drink?" I asked.

"No, I'm cool."

I went over to the couch with her and grabbed the remote. She lay on my lap, and we watched comedy movies the whole night. It was actually really cool finally being able to spend some quality time with her.

"Dev?" she said facing me.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

I kissed her on the forehead. "You're always welcome."

I watched her as she dozed off to sleep. She looked so peaceful. I just wanted to kiss her right then and there, but she looked too beautiful to be bothered. I was really starting to fall for Charisma, but I didn't know if she felt the same.