Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Devin

 The whole car ride Charisma wouldn't stop talking about Jarell. She knew that I didn't want to talk about it, but she kept talking anyway. Somewhere during the conversation, we went back me and Sharice. After the fight, we immediately broke up. I didn't even like Sharice, but I would never let Charisma know that.

"So are you going to the party?" I asked her. She just stared at her phone. It was another ignore Devin moment. "Charisma, real shit, listen, man," I grabbed her phone and put it on my lap.

"Devin, if you don't give me my phone."

"Can you answer my question?"

"What is it, boy?"

"Are you going to the party?"

"Yes, I am."

"With Jarell?"

She grabbed the phone and sighed. "No, he has to babysit."

That was the most bullshit excuse I've ever heard. This dude literally dropped going to a party with his girlfriend to babysit? Man, I thought Charisma was smarter than that.

"So you going with me to the party?"

She continued texting on the phone, and then finally looked up at me. "Duh." I dropped the conversation, but I was happy that we would get to hang out like we used to.

When we got to work, me and Charisma walked into the store and straight into the backroom. That's where almost everybody was anyway. The meeting was long as hell, but I had to deal with it. Charisma was barely even paying attention either. Throughout the meeting, she had her head on my lap. I tried to not get a hard on, so I closed my eyes and prayed that she wouldn't feel my dick literally touching her cheek.

As we continued to listen to Mr. J talk and talk and talk, I got a picture message from Sharice. It was a picture of her curves and all. I had to admit she was looking good. I instantly lifted up Charisma's head. A hard-on was definitely coming my way. I quickly deleted the picture as Mr. J wrapped up the meeting and grabbed a bottle of water.

"Something wrong?" Charisma asked walking up behind me.

"Nothing," I said clearing my throat, "Nothing, really."

"Stop playing, boy. I felt your mini-me back there."

I took another gulp of water and sat back down. She was always so damn blunt. Sometimes I hated how damn truthful she was. As I sat with embarrassment across my face, she came over and sat on my lap while she continued to laugh at me.

"You are so predictable," she said.

"What?"

"You heard me," she said kissing me softy on the lips. I pushed her off and quickly stood up. "Yup, predictable."

I watched her continue to laugh as she walked out of the room. Charisma was so damn sexy. I couldn't for the day when I had her to myself. It was coming to a point where I felt like if I couldn't have her then I was going to take her. Don't get me wrong, Sharice's sex pic was sexy and all, but I could only imagine Charisma naked. She had curves in all the right places, and her booty was a whole other story. I knew that Jarell was threatened by our friendship, but his relationship with Charisma wasn't going to change anything.