Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Charisma

One Month Later...

I started riding to school with Jarell since he was my boyfriend, and Devin wouldn't take me to school anymore. Our relationship was getting a little bumpy. He was always jealous of the dudes who talked to me. Despite his craziness, I still missed him.

"So tonight is the special night, right, babe?" Jarell asked.

Me and Jarell have been together for about four months, and I kind of decided to give him some. He never asked for sex or anything like that, but I felt like he earned it, so after our friend Pig's party, he and I were going to get a hotel and spend the night together. I told my mom that I would be at my cousin Destiny's house. Thank God she believed me.

"Yes, tonight is the special night," I giggled.

"Damn, I'm surprised that you actually giving it to me without me asking for it."

"Um, do you want me to wait another four months or so?"

"Naw, since you ready, I'm ready." He headed into the teachers' parking lot and we got out the car. We walked inside the school hand in hand, but I decided to look for Kristy.

"I'll be right back."

"I'll be here," Jarell said. I gave him a quick kiss on the lips and walked to the gym steps where most of the delinquents hung out.

"Damn, wassup, Charisma? How you doing this morning?" Stevie asked walking beside me. I just smiled.

"I'm good, Stevie, have you seen Kristy?" I asked stopping to face him.

"Naw, I think she coming late."

"Um, okay, have you seen Devin?"

I haven't talked to Devin ever since our little argument the other day. No text, no call, no nothing. I would have never expected for us to stop talking over an argument. Check the second floor though by the lockers."

"Thank you, Stevie."

"It's all good, ma."

I walked up the stairs to the second floor into the main hallway. Once I saw Devin, my heart started beating a little faster. He was around his other friends, but I walked over to him anyway.

"Wassup, Charishma?" One of his friends said getting my name wrong.

"It's Charisma for your information," I corrected him, "I need some time with Devin, so can y'all, you know?" I pointed over the other side of the hall signaling for them to go. "Five minutes?"

"Oh, okay, cool," Devin's friend said about to leave until he stopped him.

"Naw, whatever you got to say, you can say it in front of my boys."

I looked at him in disbelief.

"But it's important."

"Well, you can still say it in front of them."

"You know what, Devin? Fuck you," I yelled causing everybody in the hallway to look at us, but I didn't care. With tears forming in my eyes, I walked away.