Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Devin

Charisma knew I was going to be mad at her. She made me at least ten minutes late to work, and she had me worried about her ass for nothing.

"Hey, Dev," Mr. J said coming behind me as I finished getting the boxes out of the truck.

"Yeah," I said wiping the sweat off my forehead.

"Wassup with Charisma?" he asked.

"Man, I don't know. Ask her."

"I did, and all she did was roll her eyes and continued working, so I want to know what's going on before y'all start world war 3 in my store."

I stayed quiet for about two seconds before I snapped. "She made me late because she didn't want to tell me that she was hanging with someone else during lunch." I was so mad I literally turned red. Mr. J sat down right beside me.

"Oh gosh, who she spend lunch with?"

"Some dude named Jarell."

"Ohhhh, so that's what it is? Remember, she is single, so she has the right to hang out with guys and be happy. You do want her to be happy, right?"

I put my head down. I did want her to be happy just not with Jarell.

"Yeah, I do, but that Jarell dude, there is something about him that I don't like."

"Is there?"

"Hell yeah."

"Well, you need to go and talk to Charisma right now before she go and do something crazy, alright?" he said.

I took off my gloves and went to the bathroom to change out of my sweaty clothes. When I walked out, I saw Charisma finishing with her last customer, so I rushed to go and talk to her. "Charisma."

"Yeah," she said idly wiping down the counter.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you."

"It's cool. I knew you were mad, so I wanted to let you cool down for a bit."

"It's just the fact that you didn't call me to say you were going to be with someone else during lunch or that you had a ride to work. Who drove you to work?"

She started to wipe the counter even faster than before. I knew she was hiding something.

"Charisma, you never keep anything from me. Wassup?" I said putting my hand over hers. She just stood there quiet.

"It was..."

"Ay, bruh, excuse me." I quickly let go of Charisma's hand. "Wassup, babe?"

I turned around and there was Jarell. Babe? I thought.

"Hey, Jarell," she said smiling from ear to ear.

"Damn, I see my babe working hard."

"What you doing here?"

"Trying to find an excuse to come and see you."

I couldn't take it anymore. I started to walk back outside when someone tapped me on my shoulder. As I tuned around, I saw this beautiful coconut skinned, thick woman with light brown eyes standing before me.

"Um, is this register open?" she asked as I became lost looking at her sexy-ass hour-glass figure.

"Yeah, hold on." I got behind the register and started ringing her stuff up. When I looked up, Charisma was still all up in Jarell's face. It was obvious the girl had a boyfriend and she didn't tell me. Typical. "That will be $10.95," I said. She handed me a fifty dollar bill.