Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Devin

The Next Day...

I was already mad at Charisma for literally leaving me to go and talk with some dude, but she sent me over the edge. The whole car ride home her ass was smiling from ear-to-ear until I dropped her off at home. And on our way to school, all she could talk about was Jarell, Jarell, and some more Jarell. Even when we got to school, she talked about him, so I wasn't look forward to our third period cooking class. It was the only class me and Charisma would really talk.

"Are you working after school?" I asked, but she was another state of mind, "Charisma."

"Huh?" she said blinking her eyes and turning to me.

"Are you working after school?" I repeated.

"Um, yeah, I think so."

"Hey, you guys, we have a new student," Ms. April said.

"Hi, Jarell," all the girls sang.

"Damn, he is so damn fine," a girl named Alexis said. I just rolled my eyes.

"Mr. Smith, you could sit by Ms. Charisma," Ms. April said.

He walked over and sat right by Charisma and touched her on the waist.

"Wassup?" I heard her say.

The whole class and I sat there staring at Jarell and Charisma, but I didn't say anything. A few minutes later, the bell rang, and Jarell and Charisma walked out together. Usually, I would walk Charisma to her next class, but it looked like she was preoccupied. I walked to the front of the school, and I saw Kristy with some dude, so I stopped her.

"Ay, yo, Kristy, you seen Charisma?"

"No, now leave me alone," She said with a bad-ass attitude and walked away.

Since I couldn't find her, I just chilled with my boys Kavell and Jevaughn on the gym steps.

"Devin, Wassup?" Kavell yelled.

"What's up, man?" I asked sitting on the step.

"Man, I'm chilling where your girl at?"

"Who my girl?"

"Man, don't fuck around. We know who your girl is."

"Charisma, man," Jevaughn said. I just shook my head.

"Charisma? Naw, man, you know we just friends," I said softly.

"You know we just friends, my ass. You the one who made it that way," Kavell said.

"Stop playing, man. I didn't make it that way. You know she don't see me like that."

"Fuck that, if you don't want her to be all up on new boy's dick, you better do something."

"Naw, me and Charisma, never. We are just friends."

"Nothing more or less, alright, nigga have it your way."

I just nodded my head. I knew he was right. I didn't know what was going on, but I just hoped it didn't affect my friendship with Charisma.