Chapter 4

You know that one moment when you embarrass yourself so bad that you think nothing more bad could happen, and then suddenly you just want the ground to swallow you whole?

                             That is exactly how Kayden was feeling when a plate of warm mac & cheese was placed in front of him. For a long time, he just stared at the plate, trying to gather enough courage to face Miracle. After staring at the plate for almost 30 seconds, he gave Miracle a questioning look. As if asking what was the food for. 

                         "Didn't you say you were hungry?"

                   At that statement Kayden's face went blood red. He was damn sure she did it on purpose. Since the time Miracle could walk, talk and understand things, a war of wits had began between them. In the very starting years, Kayden had the upper hand and always knew how to shut her up. But, as Miracle grew up, so did her words. She sometimes used some weird slangs, that even their grandparents were unaware of. Other than that she never left a single opportunity to embarrass him, some sort of revenge for the past years. Sure enough, Kayden wasn't completely  at her mercy either. He had his own set of tricks and words folded up in his sleeves.

                            "Come on, eat up. It'll get cold and won't taste good." It was pretty evident that Miracle was trying to suppress her laughter when she said that. Without replying, Kayden just dug into it. 

                                 "So, how does it taste?", Miracle asked. Her beautiful green eyes gleaming with hope. This was the opportunity for Kayden to tease her. A small smirk was making its way on his lips, but he was quick to replace it with a fake frown.

                                   "Hmmmm,,, Not so bad. Could have been better. But it's okay, since you've put all of your heart and soul in it. Do you love me so much baby, that you find it necessary to make delicious food for me?", Kayden flirted a bit.

                     "Oh, you have no idea, how much I love you Kay! Someone once told me, that the way to a man's heart goes through his stomach. Though, I wonder if your heart is in your chest, or your brain!"

                              A small chuckle made its way through his vocal chords, out of his mouth. He should have expected this from her. Yet, every time she surprises him with her way of words. Well, he wasn't going to let her win.

                                  "My heart is my brain. No doubt over there. But only for you, baby, it's right here.", he said, placing a hand on his chest and moving his face close to hers, so he could see her reaction closely.

                               "I-I uh I'll go a-and get you something to drink.", she stuttered out and bolted out of her seat from the dinning table, at the speed of light. 

          "Uh.. what would you like to have?" Miracle called out from the kitchen.

           "You have beer?", he felt like having some alcohol to drown some of the previous embarrassment.

                        "My house is not a bar, Kayden. I don't keep alcohol here." The sharp edge in her edge scared Kayden a bit. He just nodded in response and then remembered that she couldn't see him. In the end he asked her to get whatever she had. A can of soda was placed besides his empty plate, as she once again sat in her seat.

                      "So, any plans for today?",Kayden asked to break the unbearable silence, that had spread after he gave out a huge burp.

                     Why was he so set on embarrassing himself today so much ? Wasn't once just more than enough!

            "Well, nothing right now. Though I plan on meeting Danny in the afternoon."

                         An automatic frown formed on his face on hearing Dante's name. He did not like the idea of those two being together, without him. It wasn't like he didn't trust them. It was just that, well, he simply didn't like it.

           "How many times do I have to tell you that it's Dante and not Danny! And why are you meeting him?", he asked in a harsh tone.

                      "Geez, calm down Tiger! It's just some work. It's not like we are dating or something." Miracle just shrugged, ignoring his annoyance on the subject of her meeting Dante.

               "Well, who knows? For all I know, you two must be going at it behind my back." This time his temper had gotten the best of him. She was not supposed to meet Dante. She was supposed to stay with her friends and behave like her age. She still way too young, for this cruel world.

                    "Seriously, what is wrong with you? Why the  sudden mood swings? One minute you are talking all good and flirting, and the next you are on my throat accusing me!"

                  "Don't change the topic. Let me tell you something Miracle, I pay Dante to work for me, not to whore around with you. He is good at his work. Stop distracting him. Stop meeting him. Do you understand me?" Kayden yelled and banged his hand on the dinning table.

                "Wait a minute. Who the hell do you think you are? Coming here and accusing me of whoring around? It is my life Kayden. I'll do whatever I want and I am sure Dante has the same freedom. And I don't think I have to prove my purity to you. I hope you know where the front door is, please make your way out!"

                   Without uttering a single word, Kayden turned on his heels and made a move to leave. He knew he had made a mistake, he knew he had said something extremely wrong. He had let his temper get the best of him and hurt his baby. Yet, for him, his ego was more important. Kayden King didn't like being insulted. And if Miracle had followed his footsteps,then he was sure neither did she.

                        "Oh! And one more thing Kayden. Don't show me your face unless you have the courage to apologize and I'll make sure I won't show you mine."

                              Well, that must have confirmed your doubt. MIRACLE MARS WAS PROUD WOMAN AND A FEMINIST. Good luck hiding your face Kayden King.

***************************************************************************************************

A/N: HELLO PEEPS !

WHATS UP? SO WE SAW THE ASSHOLE KAYDEN TODAY AND STRONG AND INDEPENDENT MIRACLE.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM? IS KAYDEN RIGHT OF HIS PROTECTIVENESS? IS MIRACLE RIGHT TO HAVE HER FREEDOM?

THOUGH I THINK KAYDEN COULD HAVE BEEN A LIL BIT LESS OF AN ASSHOLE.

BUT THESE ARE THE HIGHLIGHTS, EH?

ANYWAYS! ENJOY READING...

LOVE TRISH ♡♥♡