78

- 2 Months Later -

- 2 Months Later -

Rosie had settled into motherhood perfectly, she had struggled the first two weeks but that was due to the release of hormones in her body, the fact she had to now care for this small human 24/7 and she was constantly being visited by family and close friends.

Harry had returned to work two weeks ago, he had taken the contracted six week paternity leave but he still worked from home when he could. Rosie could tell he missed work and had told him by week four to return, but he refused.

Rosie was finding it tough, but she was a brilliant mum. With Elijah growing and changing everyday she was happy to be there to see the new things he was doing and discovering.

Elijah had caught a cold, and with him being so small and young it had worried and scared Rosie. Harry had worked twelve hours every day that week so she felt like she was handling it alone. Elijah was clingy, refusing to sleep alone. Thankfully he was getting over it, his lungs were clear and he didn't have a temperature but she was still struggling with getting him to finish his milk and sleeping with a blocked nose.

Rosie had now caught the cold, with him constantly wanting to be on her it was kind of easy to predict that she'd catch something. During his naps she was napping too and drinking honey and lemon to rid the sore throat.

When Harry came home that evening it was just after six, Rosie had warned him she hadn't prepared any dinner as she had been too busy with Elijah.

"Hey baby," He smiled kissing her cheek. "Still not feeling well?" He pouts feeling her forehead. She had a little fever.

"I'm fine, I feel better than yesterday."

"I'm sorry I haven't been here,"

"It's okay. Elijah is napping in the livingroom." She rubs her eyes and coughs into her fist.

"I er, I arranged to have some business associates come over tonight,"

Rosie turns to him with a frown. "What?"

"Yeah, I invited some over to talk business, play some poker."

Rosie was so exhausted she didn't know what to think, or say. "Please say you're joking,"

Harry swallowed. "I'm.."

"I have been through it all this week, I've nursed Elijah and he hasn't even fully recovered. He's barely slept, I've barely slept. I thought that now you're home you'd take him or at least.." She shook her head.

"Rosie-"

"It's fine," She swallows hard. "You have your boys night," With that she walks into the livingroom and picks up a sleeping Elijah. She walks him upstairs and lays him down in his cot to finish his nap.

Getting in bed, she finds a comfortable position she could nap in. Harry finds Rosie restless as she battles to fall to sleep.

"I don't want you mad with me," She didn't turn over to answer him. "It's just some poker with a few people, it'll be over by ten."

"Do whatever the fuck you want, Harry." Rosie mumbles but he heard her loud and clear.

"Rosie-"

"Just leave me alone," She sits up and sneezes a few times.

Harry felt guilty, when he arranged it he didn't know she'd be sick.

"I'll get you some tea,"

"I don't want any. I want to nap before Elijah wakes to feed."

"I can do that,"

"What?" She turns over to face him. "You've got breasts now? You can produce milk?"

Harry swallows. "I thought you were doing part formula too,"

She closes her eyes. "He won't drink from the bottle so I've gone back to breastfeeding."

"Oh,"

"Just go get ready Harry."

"Not until you're happy."

"I won't be happy until I'm better,"

Harry groaned in frustration.

"Go Harry, seriously. It's fine, I've got it all covered." She took in a deep breath. "Like always."