40

- 1 week later -

"Hi," Harry swallowed opening his door to Bella.

"Hey," He could tell she was trying to be friendly, but he could only imagine what she thought of him, and he didn't blame her.

He had been in pieces since Rosie left. He had tried to call her for a couple days, hoping she would answer just so they could talk even if it was for thirty seconds he would have been grateful. But by day three it informed him that her number had been changed.

"I've put her stuff in bags and there's one box. I didn't realise she had so much stuff here," He tried to smile but it was completely fake.

Bella followed him up to the spare room where he had put all of her stuff. It had taken him some time to collect it all and pack it as she had stuff all over his place. He received a text from Bella a few days ago informing him she'd be the one fetching it all.

He had kept a couple things, not in a malicious way, but to remind him that she was once his. A t-shirt she wore on lazy sundays, a swab of her perfume so he never forgot her smell and the red nail varnish she loved to paint her toes with.

"This is everything, I think. If there's anything else I find I'll let you know,"

Bella nods. "It's okay,"

Harry took a breath. "Is she okay?"

"She's.. good." She lied.

"She knows I'm sorry, right?"

Bella looked up at him. "It's not my place to talk on behalf of her feelings, I'm just here to collect her stuff."

Harry nodded, understanding where she was coming from. It was unfair of him to put her in a position because at the end of the day; her loyalties lay with Rosie.

"I want her to be happy,"

Bella nodded. "When do you go?"

"Next week, thursday night."

"For how long? I don't mean to be intrusive but I'm curious."

Harry shook his head. "It's fine, it's not final how long I'll be there but it could be three months, nine months or a year even. It's how long it takes to get things in order."

Bella forced a smile, not really happy for him because he broke her best friend's heart but she didn't want to seem too bitter. "Well, I'll just take these to my car and be out of your hair. Sure you have things to do."

"It's fine, take as much time as you like. Would you like any help?"

Bella shook her head. "Honestly, I'm good. Thanks."

It only took her around ten minutes to get everything in her car, she was going to tell Rosie to have a clear out soon, she had far too much stuff.

"Thanks Harry," Bella smiled coming back to the house to say goodbye.

"You're welcome, no problem."

She nodded feeling a little awkward. "Take care of yourself and have fun in LA."

"Thanks, I'll try. Take care of her for me?"

Bella looked away. "Always have," She laughed. "She's going to be okay, I promise."

"I trust you."

Bella nodded. "Bye Harry,"

He gave her a weak smile. "Bye."