Chapter 24: Family Bonding

A week had passed since the four girls were told who their parents were. Each one of them could not be any happier. Even the other students could feel the positive vibes coming from the girls. However, very few of the students actually knew what was going on. Harmony still teased the girls, but it didn't bother them anymore. She was going to be sorry when she learned who their parents were.

Cayla would stop by both Jane and Carlos's offices. Both of them were glad that their daughter stopped by every so often. Sometimes, Cayla would even bring Daisy to class. She was a little hesitant to do so at first, but Carlos assured her that she would be fine, as he had brought Dude to many of his classes when he was in high school. Cayla would even stop by Fairy Godmother's office. Fairy Godmother was very welcoming of her; she was glad to actually get to know her granddaughter.

Whenever Elaina went to chemistry, she always seemed happier. Doug and the rest of the class could feel it. Elaina's confidence basically skyrocketed. She wasn't as afraid to show her intelligence as she was before. Doug even gave her the nickname "Mini Evie" as her personality became even more similar to Evie's. Elaina made sure to stop by Evie's office on a daily basis. Evie would help her with her homework if she needed it, and Elaina even helped Evie with some of her dress designs. Elaina never failed to bring a smile to both Evie and Doug's face. She was their everything; she was definitely the fairest of them all to them.

Jacey and her family just stayed laid back. Lonnie and Jay were very proud of what Jacey had accomplished on the tourney team. Lonnie couldn't wait to see her skills in R.O.A.R. They always supported her at her games. Lonnie would always be in the stands, and Jay always encouraged her at practice. During PE, Lonnie would talk to her to get to know her better.

Brelyn would always stop by the castle after school. Both Beast and Belle were very welcoming of her; she was their granddaughter after all. Every so often, the castle cooks would make a big feast for the family. Brelyn always loved whatever Mrs. Potts and the other cooks made. The gray stuff was her favorite because it was so delicious. Brelyn could never really wrap it around her head that she was a princess. For all her life she believed she just was a common girl, which actually wasn't a bad thing for her. Ben and Mal would always be checking up on her during the school day. Every single time they saw her, they saw the face of the infant they held in their arms fourteen years ago. "She's like Rapunzel," Ben told Mal. "She's our own little lost princess." Mal chuckled at her husband's analogy.

The girls were all in Brelyn and Elaina's dorm room with their mothers included. Jacey was the only one missing since she had tourney practice, but she would be there shortly. Lonnie was there to spend time with the girls though.

"How much longer until the end of tourney practice?" asked Cayla.

Lonnie looked at the time. "It should be finishing up right about now."

"Ugh," Cayla grunted. "Why does it have to be this long?"

"You could become a cheerleader," Jane mentioned. "I was one in high school."

"Why should I do that? I mean, I'm not against the idea, but what made you think of it?"

"Cheerleaders also have their practice during tourney practice. Practice will seem much shorter for you if you were there as well."

"You know," Cayla began, "I might just do that."

"Tryouts for this season were last year, but I'm sure I can convince the coach to let you in," Jane finished.

"You guys should join me," Cayla told Brelyn and Elaina.

"Nope," Brelyn replied. "I'm not into that kind of thing."