Chapter 31

ANNA'S POV

Wyatt and I had almost finished unpacking the car. Chris was right when he anticipated that Henry and Melinda would be here. But they soon left to go back to school. Piper was still at work but would be coming home shortly and Leo was still at Magic School. It was just me and Wyatt for now.

I was carrying a box of my books through the living room and up the stairs. I wasn't paying much attention to where my feet were going.

As I was walking on to another step my foot slipped on the edge. I was then tumbling down the stairs with all my books hitting against my body. I landed on the floor at the bottom with hard thump.

I had definitely winded myself as my chest hurt and I couldn't breathe. Nothing seemed to be broken but my head hurt a little. Wyatt ran over to me dropping the boxes in his hands.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned.

He helped me off the floor, kicking off the hard back books on to the floor. I held my hand to my head and winced.

"I just fell down the stairs Wyatt." I told him in a tone that would've sounded sarcastic.

"Right. Sorry." He said.

He led me over to the sofa and sat me down carefully. He sat next to me, then lifted up his hands. Within seconds they were glowing. He hovered his hands over my head and shoulders and anywhere else I told him. The warm glow seeped through my skin and I immediately felt better.

"Thank you." I said to him.

He smiled back at me with a little laugh.

"We're going to have to keep an eye on you. Maybe put a bell on you so we know where you are." He laughed.

"I'm not a cat." I said playfully.

"Well you certainly have nine lives that's for sure." He told me and we both started to laugh.

After a few moments on the sofa I finally stood up again.

"Feel okay?" Wyatt asked examining my head.

I nodded with a smile. He smiled back instantly.

"Come on Kit, lets go clean up those books." He joked.

Well I guess I have a new nickname. The name reminded me of how Ed called kid. At least Wyatt was trying to make me feel at home.

When Wyatt and I walked back over to the stairs Chris was leaning against the banister. He had one of my books and was reading the back.

"Your not even living here yet and you've already fallen down the stairs." Chris laughed to himself like he had just won a bet.

"Technically she is living here now. Her things are here." Wyatt defended me.

"I see." Chris chipped and tossed the book in the air.

I catched it in my hands and angrily stared at him. I read the cover and it was my copy of Camelot. I loved that story when I was kid. I used to pretend I was the lady of the lake and my mother was Guinevere. I made my Dad play Arthur and Ed was one of the knights of the round table. Or Merlin. Or Mordred.

Chris walked away into the kitchen and I glared holes into his back as he disappeared.

"That's one thing you're going to have to get used to." Wyatt glumly admitted.

"Whatever. Forget about him. Lets finish putting my things away." I dismissed the subject of Chris away like dust in the wind.

"Yeah and maybe Jump out of the window and break our leg whilst doing it." Wyatt began to laugh.