Chapter 20

ANNA'S POV

The perverted guy caressed my cheek. His hands were cold and icy. The fear I felt at this moment could have set any lightening or madness off. But I couldn't. I felt just as human as I did six months ago.

"Don't try and use any magic because you can't. The altar stops you from using your powers." He sneered enjoying my hopelessness.

"What do you want with me?" I asked and my voice broke on several words.

"Don't worry." He began on a gentle tone "You'll remember soon enough. I promise."

He leaned forward. I tried my best to stay away from him but he had me in a position where I couldn't. He leaned closer then kissed me. His lips were so cold it sent sharp tingles down my neck. He pulled away and smoothed my hair.

He walked behind me and I couldn't see him from then on as he disappeared back into the shadows...

************************************************

WYATT'S POV

I orbed back to the manor and everyone was in the attic. Melinda was looking through the book, Payton was helping Grams with the potions and Pearl was comforting Andrew and Amilia.

"Where's Chris?" Melinda asked looking up from the book.

"Busy." I answered in a disgusting tone walking over to Grams.

Melinda knew what Chris was like so I'm sure she figured out what my remark meant.

"So what do we have here?" I asked looking at all the ingredients and potion bottles.

"Well considering the demons took Anna we're assuming that the higher power must have her. If not they would've killed her by now." Grams said.

The way she blurted it out made Andrew and Amilia jerk with worry and fear.

"Okay but how are we going to get to the higher power with these? " I asked picking up one of the potion bottles.

"Because." Payton began taking a bottle off of me "We've located the bounty hunter demons and we're going to persuade the answer out of them."

By persuade I knew that meant ask and if we didn't get an answer we kill them.

My watch read 11:29 and I hoped that we would find Anna within 31 minutes...

************************************************
ANNA'S POV

When the demon came back he had a book in his hands. He placed it on top of an altar looking table and came back to me. He stood at the side of the table and un buckled the leather straps pinning me down.

"Don't try and run either." He murmured as he un did the last strap.

He pulled me up gently off of the table and sat me in front of him. Then he collected the red cloak and clipped it around my neck. He pulled my hair back to the front and twirled it in his fingers.

"We're finally going to be together forever." He whispered.

He held out his hand and I took it. Then he led me into the shadows where he once emerged...