Chapter 28

"What?! Why?! No way! I don't know these people!" Mel screamed at me.

This reminded me of when Paige,Piper and Phoebe explained magic to me that first day. Now I know how they felt.

"Mel it's fine, they're old family friends. I'm safe and sound with them." I reassured her.

She paced back and forth her living room, running her fingers frustratedly through her knotty messy hair. Her dressing gown was off and she was shaking with worry. Ed sat on the sofa chair with his head down, expressionless.

Oh crap.

"I can't just let you go. Your apart of the family. I- I took you in when they died- I uh-." Mel stuttered to me.

I felt really bad. I couldn't bring myself to look at her when she was hurt like this. Ed sitting in the corner didn't make it much better.

"I know Mel and I'm forever grateful for that. I love you like my own mother and Ed is like a brother to me. But things are different now. I've moved on. I've changed." I soothed moving closer to her.

She looked at me with worried eyes and a furrowed brow. I put my hand on her arm to assure her I was going to be okay.

"Wyatt and Chris won't let anything happen to me I swear it. They are real good friends of mine and you can call me whenever you want." I told her gesturing back to Wyatt and Chris.

They had been standing behind me for the whole journey and hadn't said anything out of place. They stood by my me, one either side like soldiers. Ready to defend me. Wyatt smiled gently at Mel to not look so stern and serious. Chris stood there with his usually stroppy face.

"Your my best friend." A quiet, almost meak voice said.

I turned towards the sound and Ed had lifted his head up to look at me. He stared at me with pained eyes. I let go of Mel's arms and walked over to him. He stood up when I was in front of him.

"Who says I'm still not?" I asked trying to cheer him up.

He just moved his gazed from me to the floor.

"Ed, I'm always on the other end of the phone. I'm always going to be at the coffee house every morning with a low fat lemon doughnut for you. I am and always will be your best friend." I spoke to him softly.

His gaze drifted up as I spoke and his face seemed to loosen from its frozen hard state.

"I'm going to miss you being here everyday." He answered me in a low tone.

This was so difficult. Why is it always me?

"I'm going to miss you too. But I've moved on, Ed. Being here just holds me back in the past where I don't belong. I mean your in school learning to be a whatever you wanna be. I'm here, alone, feeling sorry for myself. My parents are dead and they're not coming back. I've accepted that and it's time for me to move on."

I heard everyone behind us shuffle, not knowing what to do with themselves when I mentioned my parents.

Everything that I was telling him was true. I was just not letting myself come to terms with it.

"How will I know if your alright?" He asked finally meeting my gaze.

I picked up his wrist and put it next to mine. Our woven bangles we had made when we were little were on our wrists. Just below our bracelets were two thin scars across our skin.

"Remember when we swore by blood that if anything happened to either of us that we'd know straight away because we were connected? Well that connection still stands. If anything it means more now. If something is wrong you'll feel it. If not pick up the damn phone to be sure." I replied.

He chuckled at my lame attempt to reassure him that everything will be alright.

The laughter died and then we pulled each other into a hug. I was definitely going to miss him.

The worst part about it all was that he didn't even know who I was. The best friend he's holding on to died a couple of days ago.

He had no idea I was a witch. The hell I didn't even know myself. Everyone at the manor had explained to me that humans aren't allowed to know magic exists. It would be complicated or whatever.

I knew that I wasn't allowed to see Ed again. Not with this crazy life I have now. They all explained to me that demons would use him to get to me. That they would kill him just to hurt me.

So when I say goodbye to Ed. Its going to be goodbye forever...

************************************************

Hi again guys I just wanted all of you to know about another charmed fan fic called The Affairs of the Charmed Ones. If you like this story then you will like this one and I know it would mean a lot to the author for her book to get out there like mine has. So take a read and you won't be disappointed! I've read what has been written and it is really good so I recommend for you guys to read it too 😊

Xoxo

JosieAnn13