Chapter 8

"Girls you have no idea who this girl is, what she is capable of and if she is a demon herself?!" Penny shouted at her grand-daughters.

"Grams she's only like what? Nineteen and she doesn't even know her own powers so how can she be a threat to us? We called you to help us on this one. Please." Paige asked her grandmother.

Piper looked over to the Book of Shadows.

"Well I'll guess we'll find out if she's evil or not." She said and nodded towards the book.

They all looked in that direction.

--------------------------------------------

The symbol on the front of the book glowed and I wanted to touch it. Should i? My hands were hovering over the huge book in temptation. The more the symbol glowed the stronger my desire to touch it grew. I took a deep breath and placed my hands down on the book.

It had a green leather cover and old, stained pages. I turned to the inside of the book and the pages flipped over themselves. There were rhymes and hand drawn pictures of people on every page. There had to be at least over a hundred pages in this book.

Somebody cleared they're throat and I looked up. Piper, Phoebe, Paige and their grandmother were staring at me.

"Told you she wasn't evil." Paige bragged to her grandmother, as the older lady rolled her eyes.

Paige came over to me and smiled.

"We have nothing to worry about on that subject now." She said.

"Well you can't blame me for wondering. Almost every person you meet turns out to be a demon in disguise." The old lady huffed.

"Anna meet our Grams, Penny Halliwell. She's a little...opinionated on new magic arrivals." Phoebe told me with a grin.

"It's nice to meet you dear. Now, do you have any ancestral magical beings in your family history?" Penny asked me.

I shook my head in confusion.

"Has any of your ancestors had any type of adultery in your family?" She asked and Piper scolded her Grams for asking.

Again I shook my head.

"Well dear I can't really help you find your magic if you just shake your head." She complained.

I was a little taken aback by her comment. Phoebe was right. Very opinionated.

"Uh sorry. I don't know about my family history. It's just been me and my...my......my parents." I stammered to get the words out.

Piper gave me an unfortunate look and I knew she was thinking about what I told her. I disconnected our eye contact.

"Well okay let's start with them then. Where are your parents?" Penny asked.

The memories came back. The fire, the screams, the sound of shattered glass under my feet. The scrambled eggs and toast started to make funny sensations in my stomach. I immediately felt like I was going to go sick.

I ran out of the attic with my hand on my mouth. I skipped a few stairs feeling the burn of vomit in my throat. I found the bathroom I was in just three hours earlier and burst open the door. I found the boy Chris scrubbing at the red stained floor. He looked up, half with bewilder half with hate. The burn was at the back of my mouth and could taste the horrible texture of vomit in my mouth.

That gave me enough to go sick in itself. My stomach made knots and launched for the toilet. I accidentally knocked a few cleaning supplies over.

"Hey! What the hell?!" Chris shouted and then I vomited.

I held the rim of the toilet and chucketed up the thick substance.

Chris stood back in confusion.

************************************************

I sat on the sofa where I had awakened with a glass of water in my hand. I took frequent sips but not too much to upset my shrunken stomach. Penny, Piper, Phoebe, Paige, Chris and Wyatt stood or sat around me.

"So how many accidents like this have you been having?" Wyatt asked me.

My hair hung in front of my face, creating a curtain between me and anyone's gaze.

"At least once a day for the past two weeks." I admitted quietly.

What had I done to myself? I was having freaky nightmares of the accident, not eating, not sleeping, having continuous nose bleeds and vomiting every day. All because I lost my parents. Was I that pathetic?

"We need to take you to a doctor." Piper said stepping towards me.

"No Piper it's too dangerous. Besides having this girl in a hospital on a drip is not going to help us find out what her power is. Magic will fix this." Penny told us all.

The way she said 'magic will fix this' had my mind racing on these terrible things. Gloopy, black medicine made from witches brew, vile stenches to clear up my sinuses. My stomach winced at all the ideas.

"What do we do Grams?" Wyatt asked.

He seemed to be in charge of the...magic around here. Even though it was clear that Piper, Paige and Phoebe usually call the shots on things.

"I have a spell that will help clear up any problems she's having with digestion or medical problems. You will have to drink the herbs in it every day if you want this to stop. Otherwise you will end up dead." Penny told me directly.

Wyatt nodded at what she was saying.

"Where's the spell?" Chris asked folded arms.

He was so uptight. I knew I wasn't laid-back Larry at the moment but I think it's a factor in his personality. I would've killed myself by now if I had to put up with that every day.

"It's in the Book of Shadows. We have all the herbs except one or two rare ones." Penny explained.

"Okay, Wyatt find the spell, I'll go find those herbs." Chris said then they both disappeared in the glowing bubbles.

"I'm sorry but I'm already late as it is for work. I have to leave. Anna, you will be okay here. I promise." Paige said getting up to leave.

Paige left the house. Phoebes phone rang and she answered it. Whatever it was she didn't seem too happy about it. She hung up angrily.

"I have to go to Patty's school, she's set a bunch of frogs loose in the science lab. I'll be back soon." Phoebe said in a hurry then quickly left the house.

"Well Grams I hate to say it but I have to leave too. I need to check up at P3 and the restaurant. Will you be fine here with Anna until I come back?" Piper asked her Grams.

I became a fusion of worry, knowing that I was stuck in house with the opinionated Penny Halliwell and Piper's children Wyatt and Chris. Penny nodded at Piper.

"We'll be fine go ahead dear." She ushered Piper away.

Then, once Piper had left I was alone with Penny.

Great, this is great...