Chapter 23

I couldn't breathe. Or Aurora couldn't breathe. Chris kept his fists clenched. As both of us were slowly dying I saw Wyatt, Melinda and my Parents appear by orbs.

Wyatt looked completely shocked to see Chris there and Chris turned around to look at them.

My parents were scared to see me choking. They ran towards me. Chris stopped them.

"Don't! It's not Anna! It's Aurora! She's possessing Anna." Chris shouted to them before they could reach me.

Everyone looked at me strangely. They saw me. But what was inside wasn't me.

"Well it took you long enough to figure it out. Your daughter has very good qualities." Aurora told my parents.

She moved my arm and my parents and Chris flew across the room. They landed on Wyatt and Melinda.

Aurora picked my body up off of the floor and walked towards them. Doing what Chris done to me a few moments ago she began choking everyone. She choked them so bad that blood came out of their mouths.

Chris orbed away. He escaped the torture. Typical for him to save himself.

"Hey." A voice from behind called "Choke on this you bitch."

As Aurora spun my body around something smashed at my feet. I saw that it was Chris. A smoke came from the smash and Aurora began to scream.

My skin felt hot and my body was feeling lighter.

Then a bright light flashed and I fell to the floor.

--------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes and Chris was kneeling beside me. I told myself to blink and my eyes blinked. I was back in control of my body. Aurora was gone.

I looked into those green eyes and smiled. I picked myself up and threw myself on him. Even though he was shocked he embraced the hug I gave him.

When I pulled back my parents were hugging me. They squeezed me so tight I almost turned blue.

"I thought I would never have you back. We're so glad that your safe." My mother said in my ear.

"I love you." I said back to them.

I looked up and saw Wyatt staring down at me. His eyes were gentle and admiring.

'Thank you' I mouthed to him.

He smiled back and said your welcome.

Wyatt looked down at his watch and his eyes almost popped out of his head.

"Guys it's two minutes until midnight."

************************************************

Wyatt orbed my parents and Melinda and Chris orbed himself and myself back to the manor. Luckily nobody was home yet. I was still wearing the black dress that Amon had put me in.

"Guys I need to change. Now." I said to everyone fussing with the dress.

"I know what to do. Come with me." Chris replied and pulled me up the stairs.

I looked behind as I was being pulled up the stairs and noticed that Wyatt was staring at me going up the stairs.

--------------------------------------------

Chris was waiting by the door as I got changed into a pair of his boxers and one of his T-shirts. Being so skinny the boxers were huge and the shirt was like a dress.

"You can turn around now." I said and he turned around.

I pulled my hair over the side. As I did he rushed towards me.

"Where did those marks and cuts come from?" He asked with a furrowing brow.

He was talking about the leather burn marks and when Amon had cut me.

"The guy strapped me down really tight and cut my arms for my blood. I feel fine. Considering" I confessed putting my arms down.

"I'll get Wyatt to heal that for you." He kindly requested.

There was a small silence. Chris was still standing close to me.

"How did you know that it wasn't me?" I curiously asked.

"I just knew. You don't seem that tough." He joked with a small laugh.

I laughed too, believing why he knew it wasn't me.

"Thank you. For saving me." I quietly said becoming a little shy.

"Any time." He smirked.

He had slowly gotten closer as we spoke. His mouth was inches away from mine. I leaned up to get closer and he leaned forward.

There was the sound of people arriving downstairs. We stopped.

"That would be my family." Chris whispered with eyes closed.

"Do we tell them about what happened?" I asked.

"I don't know. We better go downstairs." He answered.

We both pulled away and then headed downstairs.