chapter 33 Edmund

" That's your next big plan?" Trumpkin retorted, banging his fist on the stone table.

" Sending a little girl, into the darkest parts of the forest" He continued, moving towards Lucy, so everyone knew it was her he was trying to protect.

" It's our only chance!" Peter spoke, in a more begging manner- he was trying to restrict his anger.

" And she won't be alone!" Susan exclaimed, stepping forward into the conversation.

" Haven't enough of us died already?" Trumpkin's voice softened and his large eyes wandered to Lucy.

At the same moment, I knew what everyone was thinking about. Some even darted their eyes towards me, which I turned away in ignorance.

Let me tell you what really happened;

Right; me and Rose were flying and she saw Narnians that needed help, so she explained to me that she wanted to fight. I flew down and I told her to stay by me, but as soon as I said that she kept fighting further and further away from me, until she disappeared. I was going after her, wherever she had gone, but it was too late, I was being scooped up by an eagle on Peter's orders.

Yes. I feel guilty. For even letting her go... if that's not too cliché.

Anyway;

" Nikabrik, was my friend too, but he lost hope, Queen Lucy hasn't....and neither have I!" Trufflehunter waddled forward from beside me.

" For Aslan" Reepicheep said calmly, his sword crossed over his chest.

" For Aslan" A much deeper voice said muffled, which as I looked belonged to a honey-eating bear..

" Then I'm going with you!" Trumpkin burst out after a couple of seconds silence.

" No...We need you here" Lucy rested her hand and DLF's shoulder for support.

" We have to hold them off, until Susan and Lucy get back!" Peter broke the moment, causing everyone to think, although Caspian already had something planned.

"If I may, Miraz may be a pirate, an emperor...a murderer. But as King, he is subject to the traditions- and expectations of his people...there is one in particular that may buy us some time..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sent, along with Orius and Pire, across the field to announce a message;

As I was coldly welcomed into the tent, I saw Rose, sat on the chair next to Miraz, but as I looked closer, her hands were chained down. Her eyes lit up, in hope of escape....I needed to think of something.

" I , King Peter, by the gift of Aslan, by lecture and by conquest, High King of Narnia, Lord of Cair Paravel, and Emperor of the Lone Islands, in order to prevent the abonimal infusion of blood, to hereby challenge the King Miraz, to single combat, upon the field of battle, the fight should be to the death, the reward to be total surrender"  As soon as I finished speaking, I rolled up the parchment, and I couldn't stop looking over at Rose, until she gave me a nod.

"Tell me Prince Edmund-" Miraz started, but I had to correct him.

" King." I stated, causing Rose to smirk.

" oh, pardon me" Miraz said sarcastically, tipping his head sideways.

" Its King Edmund actually, just King though, Peter's the high King.." And after all the confused looks, I stated it was confusing.

" Why? Why risk such a proposal, when our army's can wipe you out by nightfall!?" Miraz seemed proud at this comeback...

"Haven't you already underestimated our numbers? I mean, only a week ago, Narnians were extinct!" I stated, as the lords turned to hear Miraz's reply.

" And so we will again..." Miraz mumbled, I just about heard him.

" Well then, you should have little to fear" I said, trying not to smile, and keep a strong determined face, as Miraz laughed only by himself.

I glance at Rose, who was rolling her eyes.

"This is not a question of bravery!" He chuckled.

" So, your bravely refusing to fight a swordsman half your age?" I knew this would set Rose off, but i didn't know that Miraz would make the guards take her away.

"No!" I shouted.

" Aah...wait" And at this, Rose was carried back in, the soldiers waiting for his orders...but they never came.

" What's the matter boy? Princess Roselyn belongs to me" He sneered.

" She's not an object and it is Rose" I walked closer to, the table.

" Ahahaha well, if she is not an object i cannot give her away" Miraz leant back in his seat.

" What's the deal?" I beckoned him.

" I didn't say I refused did I? You can get back Rose, if Peter defeats me" Miraz grinned.

" You have our support, your majesty, whatever your decision" A lord said from the furthest corner of the table.

"Sire, our military advantage shall fit as a perfect excuse to avoid what-" One of the others said, but before he could finish, Miraz had stood up and place his sword at the lord's neck.

"I'm not avoiding anything!" Miraz stated, and placed his sword back into his sheath.

" I was just merely pointing out that my lord has all the rights to refuse" He defended himself.

"His majesty would never refuse" One of the soldiers behind me spoke up, causing a glare from the King.

"He relishes the chance to show his people the courage of their leader" He continued, and as i turned back, Miraz was thinking deeply.

"You, You should hope your brothers sword is sharper than his bite"  Miraz spoke to me, pointing his sword towards me, it was only a metre away, but it was still threatening.

" So it' a deal, whoever wins, gets the girl and the loser surrenders" And  at that, after i nodded to rose, I charged out the tent, quite pleased with myself....