Chapter 25 Rose

We both knew that the only other place Professor could be was the jail...I didn't want to go down there again...

We fought off some guards, but one was blocking our way.

" Let---me----handle----him" I said between the clashes of me and this soldiers sword, as Caspian nodded and ran down the stairs to find Professor.

" Now Princess STOP!" The soldier beckoned.

" My wife is sick and if you kill me now- she will die...our children" He began to tear up.

" Fine...but if you dare speak a word" I said, doing a hand gesture to cut off his head.

"what are you doing here?" I heard professor say as I quickly ran down the stairs.

" I didn't help you escape just so you could break back in!" Professor's voice got louder as I neared them, and Caspian had broken his chains and set him free.

" You have to get out" Professor shook me by my shoulders.

" Before Miraz finds that you are here!" His head turned between both of us.

" He is going to know soon enough" Caspian said, giving the key to Professor, as he let go of my shoulders.

" Don't underestimate Miraz, as your father did..." Professor mumbled taking, Caspian by his shoulders.

" What? What are you talking about?" I shouted, to both of them.

" Rose, calm please!" Caspian came over to me, but I pushed him away.

" I'm sorry Caspian..." Professor mumbled...so he knew...

Anger rushed up inside of me as I had a strong grip on my sword, Miraz would be sorry.

He killed my father....now he pays.

I ran all the way to the door and quietly walked in, and I revealed my sword to place it at his neck.

" Thank goodness your safe" He laughed, as my grip on the sword got tighter.

" Get up!" I shouted, causing Prunaprismia to wake.

" Roselyn?" She asked in a croaky voice.

" Stay where you are!" I said, through gritted teeth.

" What are you doing" Prunaprismia said, as I made Miraz walk to the window, still facing me.

" You should think it' obvious dear.. you know some might call this inappropriate behaviour.." Miraz sneered.

" But that doesn't seem to have stopped you!" I pushed the sword gently into his neck.

"You not like me are you? It's sad...First time you showed any back-bone it was such a waste" Miraz said, and we kept glaring at each other, until I heard something and as I turned my head, Prunaprismia was armed. 

" Put the sword, down Roselyn, you don't want to do this..." She mocked.

"We don't want you to either!" Caspian, Susan and Peter walked into the room, armed at the ready.

"This used to be a private room" Miraz joked but I had no time for fun, I was angry.

" What are you doing, Rose??" Peter shouted in ignorance.

" Now for once I want the truth! Did you kill my father??" I asked with such venom in my voice, Miraz looked somewhat scared.

I pushed forward more with the sword, so blood was trickling down his neck.

" Now you get it?" Miraz sneered once more, a smile spread across his face.

" You said your brother died in his sleep..." Prunaprismia said, lowering her arrow and bow a little.

" That was more or less true" Miraz said, giving me the eye, not facing his wife.

" Rose! This won't make things any better!" Caspian said, from behind me.

" We Telmarines would be nothing if we hadn't taken it...Your father knew that as well as anyone.." Miraz turned his head slightly, trying to fid out my reaction. But I didn't have to speak.

" How could you?" Prunaprismia said, officially letting go of her protection.

" The same reason you would pull that trigger! For our son!" Miraz pointed at the still weapon on the bed.

" Stop!" Prunaprismia screamed as she picked the weapon up once more, after a made a sudden move with the sword.

" Stay right there!" Susan shouted back, aiming the arrow and bow at my aunt effortlessly.

" You need to make a choice dear...do you want our child to be king! Or do you want him to end up like Rose over here....FATHERLESS" Miraz shouted as Prunaprismia screamed, as she shot an arrow into my left arm, it stung like mad.

I fell down onto a nearby chair in pain and agony, as Prunaprismia's cry's filled the room.