Chapter 20 Edmund

After about a miles walk, we came across, Men and woodworks. I couldn't quite make out what they were making, but something they were chopping gave me the shivers...

We watched in horror behind a pile of logs, as men in armour marched past us, the smell of fire and ash put me off this place.

Every so often a tree would fall in the distance..

We had to duck quickly out of sight, because men on horses came out of nowhere very quickly.

" Perhaps this wasn't the best place to come after all" I heard Susan whisper to Peter, in a devastating mess. She never liked the idea of deforestation.

As we watched the horses move further and further away from each other, we decided we better get a  move on.

We headed on back to where Lucy saw Aslan. And yes your right I didn't say Lucy claimed to have seen Aslan- because I knew Lucy was telling the truth.

" So, where exactly did you think you saw Aslan?" Peter said, practically saying he didn't believe her. I do hope they realise they are making the same mistake they made a year ago.

" I wish you'd all stop trying to sound like grown ups!" Lucy turned around, a bitter glare in her eyes showed she was serious.

" I didn't think I saw him- I DID see him" She paced over to where Rose was.

" I am an adult!" Trumpkin said, trying to shuck it out of his mind, he hadn't been called an adult.

" It was right over...." And we all suddenly heard a crack, and the ground beneath Lucys feet had given in and fallen.

" AHHHHHH" Lucy screamed as we ran to her.

" Lucyyyy!!!!" Susan shouted, thinking she had fallen into the river.

But as we looked down, thank goodness, Lucy had fallen onto a gap in the cliff dangling over the water.

" Here!" Lucy said in an exasperated voice.

As we made ourselves down to where Lucy was, there turned out to be a pathway zigzagging down the cliff. As we came to the bottom, (at the very end of the river) we stepped over some slippery stones.

" Woah!" Rose tilted to the side on one stone, but I grabbed her waist quickly before she slipped over. It got quite awkward after she smiled and we carried on as normal.