7

Caspian

I woke up, my vision quite blurry, but as they adjusted to my surroundings, I knew I was in the wrong place

My head was throbbing as I looked around at the wooden ceiling. I tore the bandage that was around my head and then I heard voices from the other room.

" This bread is so stale!" A voice boomed, making me jump a little.

" I'm just getting some soup...He should be coming around soon..." A softer voice spoke.

" Well I don't think I hit him hard enough!" The other boomed again.

" Nikabrik, he's just a boy!" The other retorted.

" He's a Telmarine, not some lost puppy! You said we were going to get rid of him!" The voice said in disgust.

" No, I said i'd take care of him.....We can't kill him now!....I just bandaged his head!, it'll be like murdering a guest!" The voice softened a little.

"And how do you think their friends are treating their guests?" The other voice would not calm down though, and the anxiety to find out who these people were, I could not hold in any longer.

" Trumpkin knew what he was doing....It's not the boys fault."

I ran at them, not really knowing what I was doing, a badger, who was weirdly holding a tray, which in surprise, it dropped it.

I aimed to run out of the door, but the dwarf was blocking it, he revealed his dagger and pointed it at me. Grabbing the nearest thing to me, I blocked his aims at me.

" STOP"

But we kept clashing our defences.

" No- no!"

" I told you we should have killed him when we had the chance" I could feel the horror on my face showing.

"You know why we can't!"

" We're taking a vote- I'm with him!" I said, standing down from the fight.

" We can't just let him go! He's seen us!" And after that the dwarf aimed at me again, causing me to trip over the steps and fall down.

"Enough, Nikabrik, or do I have to sit on your head again.." The badger....talked....I never realised it was the badger talking.....

Okay I must be dreaming....hallucinating...

" And you! Look what you made me do!" The badger said, towards me this time, and pointed to the spill mark on the detailed carpet beneath our feet.

" I spent half the morning on that soup!" He mumbled.

" W-What are you?" I said curiously.

" Hmm, it' funny you ask that, I'd expect more people to know a badger when they see one... " The badger walked off into the cupboard area (or what it looked like).

"No, no, I mean your Narnians- you're supposed to be extinct..." I retorted, standing my ground, trying to persuade myself that I was dreaming.

" Sorry to disappoint you..." Nikabrik wasn't very nice, was he?

" There you go- it's still hot" The Badger gestured a bowl of soup towards me.

"Since when did we open a boarding house, for Telmarine Soldiers!!!" Nikabrik could not stay quiet for one second.

"I'm not a Soldier! I'm Prince Caspian....The tenth..." I said, realising I had just abandoned my castle...

" Well- what are you doing here....and..and....your Princess Rosely-" Nikabrik calmed down a bit.

" Running away, and, wait....how do you know about my sister??" I suddenly came to my attention that they knew about us all along...

" Well, where do I start....She's the one who can restore Narnia!" The badger said as he sat back down the table.

"My Uncle has always wanted the throne that was passed to me by my father, with me and Roselyn out of the way....DEAD...he would be able to become King....I supposed we've only lived this long because he didn't have an heir of his own.." I finished looking into the flickering flames of the fire.

" That changes things..." The badger confirmed..

" Yes...looks like we won't have to kill you ourselves..." Nikabrik sneered.

" Your right!" I said, a new sense arising within me as I strode towards the door.

"Where are you going?" The badger asked.

"My uncle won't stop until i'm dead...." I said.

" Wait, you AND Roselyn are supposed to save us!" I turned around at this.

" Don't you know what this is?" The badger held up the horn, Professor gave Rose.

" No, it's just a horn.." I exclaimed.

" Just a horn? This belonged to Queen Susan the Gentle 100 years ago! This was supposed to gather the Narnians together to help her in need whenever she blew it!"

" So that means" I questioned...

" You have a lot of explaining to do...not just to us, but to The Narnians!" Nikabrik raised his voie again smiling.