Never Grow Up (book review)

Never Grow Up {Watty Awards 2012 Teen Fiction} By toocrazyforyou

March 20, 2012

Reads- 472

Votes- 31

Comments- 23

Teen Fiction and Watty Awards 2012

PG-13

Summary:

My name is Elisa Taylor. I'm a high school teacher. I'm nineteen, and I love teaching. Watching students grow up is one of my favourite things to do. From that gangly, awkward phase into the smooth ladies' man, or from the insecure nerdy girl with glasses into an outspoken, confident and well-liked girl. All these transformation amaze me. Of course, whenever anyone needs help I'll offer them my hand. But this story isn't about me. It's not going to be about my life and NO this is not a teacher-student relationship for heaven's sake. This isn't the movies, you know. This is reality, hard core life. Blake Manson. The story is about a him, who was basketball captain from his old school and then got sent into a youth rehabilitation centre for getting into a messy, bloody fight with the rival school. For good behavior, he got permission to go to school in the morning and return to the centre in the afternoon. But for that to happen he must transfer schools. So he came to the school I was teaching at, and became the student of the class I'm form teacher of. He's an interesting lad, who smokes even though it's not allowed and is feared by his fellow classmates for his notorious past. Still, I can see that he has a good heart underneath all those scars. Not many can see that, sadly. And now, I've started a mission. A quest to make sure that Blake turns out how he's meant to be: bright, caring and - basically - a good kid. It's not going to be an easy ride, but believe me I've got time and you'll never find a person as stubborn as me. So this is his story. The story of Blake Manson.

###

Honestly I was lost at the summary. She is 19 years old and a High School teacher who enjoys watching students grow up?

That only made me want to read it more to find out if you were crazy or not (but then again your username.) I was thinking that maybe its some weird made up world were people age differently or something, but nope. As far as I could tell it was just a regular life and she is a 19 year old High School teacher.

It is a Student-teacher relationship, but its somehow different from others. Maybe because the teacher is female and not a “hot” guy that’s in their early twenties or a vampire. And the story also has some depth to it, its less about the actually relationship and more about the Kid’s life.