The Host

Unlike the horrid sparkle fairy books that woman wrote and movies based off them, I did enjoy her book The Host. Although I didn't read it by choice the first time (I had to do it for summer reading, girlfriend at the time chose what we would read so I could be with her all day on the reading thing at school), I have read the book a second time.

Now we have this questionable movie that's due to come out in about a week. I say questionable because there are things they've changed I'm 100% sure wouldn't have been hard to keep the same. The main problem I see from the trailer is the seeker.  She is meant to be small (I took that as height), wears black from head to toe, and carries a glock. All they got right was the gun. This seeker they have in the movie is a tall blond wearing all white. The seekers are like the Men In White with matching cars, in the book I felt as if the seekers were less organized than that.

Melanie jumped down an elevator shaft in a condemned building not out a window. I like Saoirse Ronan so I'm fine with her.

I pictured Jeb, Ian, and Kyle as bigger men.

They don't have anyone listed as Petal (Wanda's new body), Jodie, or Burns so I don't know how they plan to end this movie. Will it be a two part-er or something?

From what I can see of their caves, they were done really well. The rest of the cast I don't have a problem with.

I do like their choice of music for the trailer because who doesn't like Imagine Dragons, the music video for this song is really weird though.

I'm going to wait to see this movie after some of my friends have already watched it.

While I'm still on the subject of movies...

 Oz the Great and Powerful...

claims to be the best movie of the year (like most of them do). But its not, its like a C to a C+. Finley the Monkey is the best character. The Sassy China Doll I didn't care for. Franco is terrible, so terrible that he is distracting to the film. He had only signed on for the lead roll 6 months before they started shooting, but still. And he smiled way too much. Mila's acting as the Wicked Witch of the West wasn't that great and who ever did the makeup was being lazy. The witch was meant to be ugly, but she was just green with a big nose and pointy chin.

This is 40...

makes it seem like being 40 sucks ass. Also if you have any plans at all to watch the tv show Lost don't watch this movie because they show the ending of the series.

Warm Bodies...

The ending was super cheese!

Movies I suggest watching...

Suicide Room....

Dominik is an ordinary boy. He's got loads of friends, the hottest girl in school, rich parents and money to spend on brand-name clothes. But one innocent kiss with a mate changes everything. He begins to isolate himself from the outside world, spending all his time on his computer. He meets an anonymous girl who introduces him to the "suicide room", a place from which there is no escape. Caught in a trap woven of his own emotions, Dominik becomes entangled in a web of intrigue and gradually loses what he cherishes most. This is a Polish movie meaning you will have to read subtitles or know Polish. This is a good movie to watch and it's powerful because there are cases like this in real life.

Tell No One...

Its in French, so more subtitles. The pediatrician Alexandre Beck misses his beloved wife Margot Beck, who was brutally murdered eight years ago when he was the prime suspect. When two bodies are found near where the corpse of Margot was dumped, the police reopen the case and Alex becomes suspect again. The mystery increases when Alex receives an e-mail showing Margot older and alive. This is an American novel being made into a French film because the author didn't like the changes Hollywood was trying to make. If only all authors would stick to their books when selling the movie rights.

Mary and Max...

This ones in English made in Australia. This movie is based off a true story. In the mid-1970's, a homely, friendless Australian girl of 8 picks a name out of a Manhattan phone book and writes to him; she includes a chocolate bar. She's Mary Dinkle, the only child of an alcoholic mother and a distracted father. He's Max Horowitz, living alone in New York, overweight, subject to anxiety attacks. He writes back, with chocolate. Thus begins a 20-year correspondence, interrupted by a stay in an asylum and a few misunderstandings. Mary falls in love with a neighbor, saves money to have a birthmark removed and deals with loss. Max has a friendship with a neighbor, tries to control his weight, and finally gets the dream job. Will the two ever meet face to face?  It is a clay-mation movie and is mostly black and white with only hints of color.