Chapter 21

A/N: So this chapter was originally supposed to be the final chapter of this book, but I didn't have the other one completed yet. I am sorry for the late posting, but again, I had the idea that Kyla's P.O.V chapter be before this one, oh well. I felt like I needed to give all my readers something new, I hate making people wait on my story, especially when it's drawing to a close. But I've been busy writing my other stories ahead of time and studing for the SAT...groan... I just wanted this to be completely finished before I start posting Betrayals and Betrothals of a Death Eater, which by the way will have A LOT going on (if you don't believe me just ask amazingness). Anyways, I am rambling now, probably because I really don't want to study, or do my physics homework for that matter. 

Enjoy this late chapter, which is only most of her summer. 

Please VOTE, COMMENT, and/or FAN! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evangeline’s P.O.V

Half the holiday has passed and the time has come to give up old, happy Evan. Tonight the Dark Lord is branding me and Draco as official Death Eaters. Aunt Bellatrix has been training Draco and I to duel properly; with Unforgivable Curses. She praises me for my focus and agility; says I don’t let anything affect me whilst I’m dueling. What she doesn’t know is the trick: to let go of all emotion until you feel completely numb. Numbness makes you feel practically indestructible. Draco has yet to figure this out, he can’t kill a decent sized mammal yet; insects and small animals he doesn’t have a problem with, anything larger he does.

Eleven at night, I showered and changed into a new, darker outfit, getting ready to come face to face with the Dark Lord. Eleven thirty, Draco and I are dressed and in the study awaiting the Dark Lord; actually I am sitting and Draco is pacing the study with worry. Eleven forty-five, Bellatrix comes in to check on Draco and to witness our branding. Eleven fifty-nine, black smoke fills the study and settling in front of the fireplace.

“Evangeline, Draco, you have been requested to join the Dark Lord’s force against Dumbledore. The moment you join, you will be subjected to do his bidding as he pleases. Any sign of rebellion or betrayal and you will be killed for committing treason against your most powerful leader.” Aunt Bellatrix spoke as she circled around me, Draco, and the Dark Lord. “Do you accept these terms?”

“I do.” Draco and I replied at the same time.

“If you break any of these promises, the punishment, along with disgrace to your family, is death. Do you still accept?” She asked.

“I do.” I replied again.

“I do.” Draco answered momentarily after me. I gave Draco a questioning glance as Bellatrix gave him a look of disappointment.

“Evangeline, as Draco was so reluctant to agree, you will go first.” She confirmed.

I nodded my head and stepped toward the Dark Lord. I didn’t hesitate once, the moment I was close enough, I held out my arm and rolled up my sleeve. If I hadn’t learned to control my emotions, I would be shaking with fear now; but nothing to worry about if Harry defeats him. Voldemort looked creepily happy at me. “Are you ready Evangeline?” He asked as he held out his wand.

“Yes my lord.” I replied stepping closer.

He put his wand to my arm. He did a nonverbal spell and the black mark slowly etched onto my skin. I couldn’t exactly remember anything other than the excruciating pain in my arm. I didn’t let it show though. I stayed on my feet standing perfectly straight, refusing to back down and to appear weak. Before I knew it, it was all over. Not the pain, that was still there in my arm, but at least I could gather my thoughts again.